Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

DSC5010 - code reset

05-17-17, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)  
DSC5010 - code reset

Hello everyone,

Iím new to the forum, so first and foremost I want to thank everyone for helping out, I think that this forum is very useful.

I moved into my house 2 years ago and it was equipped with an alarm system, DSC5010. It was already disconnected and it didnít cross my mind to simply plug it back in and use it without central monitoringÖuntil now.

I pieced together how to connect the wires on the AC plug of the control panel and the keypads lit up. The trouble light came on, and the code displayed was 3 4 and 8, which I researched and, please correct me if Iím wrong, these codes are because I donít have an active phone line connected to the control panel (codes 3 and 4) and because the clock wasnít set (code 8).

I left the system plugged in, and minded my business for a couple of hours. I then realized that the arm light was on, and as I opened the patio door the siren went off. I had no choice but to unplug the control panel and to disconnect the back up battery. Now, every time I plug the system back in, the siren goes off (after a few beeps).

Now, since I obviously donít know the (master?) code, what can I do to to disarm the system and to reset the code?

I was thinking of buying another alarm system but it would cost too much given all the options I already have with my DSC5010 (I seem to have smoke detectors, motion sensors, door/window sensor throughout the house)Ö

Thank you kindly for your contributions.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

FL

05-17-17, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)  
Short of a lucky guess at the master code to disarm it (can't hurt to try the factory default 1234); once it's armed, the only way to gain control of the system is to use the hardware default (and hope that the original installer didn't turn on the installer lockout feature).

The basic hardware default for a _Power Series_ panel is as follows:
(Check the installer manual _first_; there can be small variations on this with some of the variant models)
1. Remove AC and battery from the panel.
2. Remove all wires from the Zone 1 and PGM1 terminals.
3. With a piece of wire short the Zone 1 terminal to the PGM1
terminal.
4. Apply AC power to the main panel.
5. When Zone Light 1 is lit on the keypad the default is complete.
6. Remove AC power from the control
7. Reconnect all original wiring and power up the control.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html

"Ask the Right Question..."
- from _The Snow Queen_ by Joan D. Vinge-

Search this Thread