Vista 20p and Zone Faults

Old 01-07-21, 05:27 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p and Zone Faults

I've had my system since 2013, Vista 20P, 6160 wired keypad for programming and a couple wireless pads for ease of operation. 7 wired zones and 25 wireless zones. It worked flawlessly for years. For the last couple of years I've had a couple repetitive wireless zone problems.
1. A glass break detector goes into a constant "fault" "check whenever the temperature in the room goes below 65 F. It never faults when the room is warm.
2. A magnetic sensor that faults constantly for weeks then doesn't fault for months, then repeat. I've learned to deal with these but would like to get them fixed. I tried deleting it from the system then reassigning it but it will still eventually start faulting. This detector also has about the easiest path to the 20P, literally right above it just one floor above.
Recently I have had 3 more wireless magnetic sensor zones fault, one each day, and they will not reset. Strange thing is none of these 4 wireless sensors ever operate, probably none of them has ever been triggered. None of them have been opened since the last battery change which was probably years ago. I've reset the 20p a couple times, changed all the batteries but a couple hours after they fault again. None of them are in a dirty or harsh environment. Anything else I can try? If there is nothing else then I need to start changing parts. I'm just not sure what to replace first, the sensors, the vista, the keypad? What should I replace first? I tend to believe the sensors would be most likely to fail but to have 3 sensors fail in 3 consecutive days seems strange and might be pointing towards the 20 P. Thank You

Old 01-08-21, 02:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The transmitters can, and do, fail. If you have been consistent with replacing the transmitter batteries every 3 or so years, and you are still getting these glitches, first check to make sure that the battery housing hasn't warped and the cover tamper switch is being properly triggered by the cover. If you still have issues with fresh batteries, then start replacing the transmitters.

If the problem was the alarm control or the receiver, you would have issues with more than just a few of the wireless zones.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: