ADT Safewatch Pro: How to stop beeping from bedroom panel?

Old 05-19-17, 02:08 PM
ADT Safewatch Pro: How to stop beeping from bedroom panel?

I just had an ADT system installed with 2 of the Safewatch Pro panels: 1 right inside the door to our garage and one in our master bedroom.

I have two problems with the panel beeping in our bedroom :

1) If the system is armed, when a door/window is opened, the panel in our bedroom starts beeping; and
2) If the system is armed from the panel by the garage door, the bedroom panel also beeps.

This is a big deal for us because we have 2 college aged kids who tend to come home late at night long after the wife and I have gone to sleep!

So I'm looking for how to stop all the beeps from the bedroom panel !!

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-17, 02:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
First, check with your ADT installer, they may be able to set that keypad as silent, remotely...

If the keypad is NOT address 16, you can set it to be silent; but to do so, you need access to system programming. We are going to assume that what you have is a "Safewatch Pro 3000" aka Vista 20p.

First: Determine which keypad address your bedroom keypad is by pressing 1 & 3 at the same time to make the keypad address display. Hopefully the bedroom keypad will be address 17. (If not, it's not difficult to change the keypad addresses to swap them).

You will need the installer code. The generally standard installer code used by ADT can be found by websearching using the phrase "ADT default installer code".

Once you have that (assuming that your keypad is address 17):

With the system disarmed, enter:
[installer code] + 8 + 00
*190 1 1
Exit programming with *99

That should do it. That setting will disable entry/exit and arming countdown beeps. The chime feature will still work, should you turn it on.

Old 05-19-17, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Ron.

So of course my bedroom panel is address 18 and my garage door panel is 17.

Sounds like I need to change those but I don't know how or what address to change the main/garage panel to so that I can set the bedroom panel to address 17.

Thanks again!!

Old 05-19-17, 05:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope, you are in good shape. Instead of *190, you just do that same sequence with *191.

Old 06-01-17, 07:02 PM
Thanks again Ron.
I followed your steps and now the bedroom panel does not beep.

But now neither panel beeps when you open a door with the system armed, so people don't know they need to disarm it!!! 😳

Is this an easy fix?
Thanks!

Old 06-02-17, 02:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like you silenced _both_ panels. If the one at the garage is #17, do the sequence with *190 1 0.

Installer manual:http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

Old 06-21-17, 07:38 PM
Well unfortunately that didn't do anything.
I'm still not sure how to make the garage panel do the warning beeps when you open a door when the system is armed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are not using the alarm now!!

Last edited by radckh; 06-21-17 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 02:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you verified your settings? Are you sure the keypad at the garage door is address 17?

To verify your data entry: To verify your settings, instead of *190, press #190 to view the contents of that programming location.

Old 06-28-17, 05:45 PM
So the garage is set to 1 0.
And the bedroom is set to 1 1.
I think that is correct, right?

My next question is when the alarm is set to Stay, when a door is opened, should the garage panel give "countdown" beeps so the person coming in knows they need to disarm the system?
I talked to an ADT rep and she said that it will not do that countdown beeping for Stay - but it will for Away. Can that really be right??

We can't use Away because we have cats that will trigger the motion detector.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Old 06-28-17, 07:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There's no exit count down beep in STAY, that's one of the points of that feature. I _think_ that the entry warning beep still sounds (once the exit delay, which runs in _all arming modes, runs out).

Old 06-29-17, 08:48 AM
Yes, as Ron stated, by design, there will never be any exit countdown beeps when arming to Stay mode (no matter what you have the keypad address fields set to) as in stay mode, it's assumed someone is in the home. If you were leaving and your wife was staying behind, she doesn't need beeps warning her to leave as that would be a nuisance.

There should still be beeps to warn you to disarm once the system is armed to stay mode (the exit countdown is over and the system is fully armed) and a delay zone is tripped so in your testing, are you sure you are waiting for the full exit countdown to complete before opening your delay door to test if the keypads start beeping to warn you to disarm?

Old 03-15-19, 12:50 PM
MrRonFL you are awesome!

hi Ron- thanks so much! Our bedroom keypad is finally quiet!!

Old 06-22-19, 03:08 PM
Hello Guys,

@Dwilson300,,, I am in the same exact scenario. I have silenced my both Keypads. Garage is 17 and Bedroom is 18. I can not see the clear instructions on how to Silence 18 and leave 17 on.

Could you or Ron please help?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 06-22-19, 03:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Keypad 18 will be address 191, you just enter the same sequence that the original poster used for address 190.