Vista 15P low battery: something doesn't seem right

Old 05-19-17, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 15P low battery: something doesn't seem right

Hello all,

As I was heading to my room I heard the keypads of our home 15P system blare off, for a split second I thought it was an alarm of some sort but no siren made me rush to the keypad to see what was up. Upon going to the keypad I saw the BAT icon. I said to myself "oh great, another dead battery". But then it came to my realization that we just replaced the battery 4 years ago! We lived in the house for a pretty long time and we never replaced the battery until about 4 years ago. There is some corrosion on the battery terminals so I think that might be a possbility to why it is throwing this trouble. I have also recently added wireless sensors to the system so I was immidately looking for a zone number after the bat with no avail. Any tips on the corrosion or anything else?

All help appreciated,
AlarmBoy123

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-17, 07:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 338 Votes on 316 Posts
In the real world... four years on an alarm battery is about the norm. There was a time when the lifetime would approach 7-10 years but those days are no longer here.

I change alarm batteries by the case. Some only two years old.

Although the corrosion won't help the situation.... it sounds like your panel battery needs replacement. The wireless transmitters will give you a zone number when they are low.

You could try cleaning the battery terminals with an old toothbrush and a wee bit of baking soda and a little water.