Vista 20p/Safewatch Pro 3000EN

Old 08-07-17, 07:08 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p/Safewatch Pro 3000EN

Hello, I need some help.

I have an unmonitored ADT system which I recently cancelled. I have the installer code and I believe I erased (*41 and *42) the dialer codes. I have a Ademco Vista 20P with a Safewatch Pro 3000EN. My system was cellular monitored by ADT as my cottage does not have a landline and internet.

If I may ask a couple of questions to get your expertise…..

• I would like to self-monitor my cottage via cell/Iphone access. I have been looking at the IPDATATEL board as I found it to have a good review, appears to be easy to install and provides cellular monitoring, self and/or with a monitoring company. I would take the responsibility to call 911. Any thoughts on this?

• I’m confused on what the attached Safewatch Pro 3000EN serves? Is it a cellular dialer? If I go with the IPDATATEL, do I disconnect it?

• Depending on the cost, I would like to get a document from a monitoring company to show my home owners insurance company to get a discount. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-17, 07:19 AM
B
Ipdatatel and Geoarm for monitoring (self or central station) are good choices.

GEOARM® - Alarm Monitoring & Home Security Systems

The safewatch Pro 3000 is the alarm system. Is there something else attached? Can you provide a picture?

Old 08-07-17, 04:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 is the marketing name for the ADT version of the Vista 20p.

Old 10-27-17, 08:30 AM
S
System: ADT (unmonitored) Safewatch Pro 3000 with digital non-alpha keypads.
Cellular wires to box disconnected. No landlines or VOIP connections.
All sensors are wireless.
Issue: Check Code 34 (corresponds to CO detector)
I have the installers code.

Like other in the forum, the CO detector expired. I have elected to replace the CO sensor/detector with an ADT Honeywell 5853 Wireless Glass Break Sensor (using wireless). I hope this is compatible with my system

At a minimum, I am looking for advice on how to delete the CO zone 34 so I can avoid the periodic beep at 4:30 AM requiring the code,1 to silence the beeps. I refuse to enter into multi-year contract with ADT again.

Ideally, I would like to swap the CO sensor with the Glass Break Sensor. Short of breaking glass is there a practical way to test the glass break sensor?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sean

Old 10-27-17, 03:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
In order to alter the programming for the zone, you need a 6160 (2 - line Alpha) keypad to be able to access the zone programming to change it's function. In this instance, there are just too many things you have to change to try to do it "blind" with a fixed language keypad.

I frequently test glass breaks with a heavy ring of keys, or by sharply shaking coins in a drink can.