Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Instructions for connecting WS4945 to PC1616/RFK 5501-433

CAL

08-12-17, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)  
Instructions for connecting WS4945 to PC1616/RFK 5501-433

I have successfully installed 4 wired sensors to the RFK5501-433 and am now having trouble adding two wireless sensors.

Preliminary question: The installation instructions for the keypad do not list WS4945 as a compatible wireless device, only WS925L-433. Do I have the wrong wireless device?

Assuming the WS4945 device is compatible, what steps to I need to enroll it? One of my source materials gives two sets of instructions, one for version 4.5 and older, and one for version 4.6 and newer. (I have no idea which version I have, although it was a recent purchase.)

In the newer version, the source says wireless devices and wired devices cannot be in the same zone. Therefore, the wireless devices must go into set 2 (section 203, starting with zone 9). You would start with *8555 898. Then open/close the first device, receive a beep, and enter the ESN number. This does not work for me—maybe WS4945 isn’t compatible? It certainly doesn’t seem to ask for the ESN number.

In the older version, it seems to imply that you can have wireless and wired in the same set (1-8). It then says: “You would enter into this section [no section number given]. Then the keypad will ask for a two-digit section [what two-digit section are we talking about?]. Then enter the zone number [I used 09] and then the ESN number”

So a number of questions:
1. Is the WS4945 compatible?
2. How do I know which version I have? (I’m assuming we are talking about software for the PC1616)
3. What would be the correct sequence of code entries to enroll the wireless devices?

Help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

FL

08-12-17, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)  
The transmitter model you have is not a 433mhz model; then it's not compatible with your receiver.

"Ask the Right Question..."
- from _The Snow Queen_ by Joan D. Vinge-

CAL

08-14-17, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)  
According to the specs it is 433 MHz, and this model replaces the older (larger) model. (Didn't know that's what the 433 meant).

So now I need help with the remaining questions about enrolling it. Thanks.

Forum Topic Moderator

FL

08-14-17, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)  
DSC is unique in that wired and wireless zones can be largely comingled.

The instructions for the keypad don't list that particular device as compatible: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=15240

Transmitter manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=13304

However, DSC is generally pretty good about backward compatibility, and the manual version I found with a quick websearch may simple be older.

*8 [installer code] 804
(for the sake of example we'll put it in zone 9)
Enter the 6 digit serial number
Press # until you are out of programming
*8 [installer code] 001
(you are now in zone type programming)
Press any one of the emergency keys to advance to the first digit of the setting for zone 9 (it should take 15 presses - there is a double beep at the end of each segment). Enter the zone type for this transmitter zone.
Press # to exit section 001
Press 109 and turn on option 8 by pressing the 8 key.
Press # until you exit programming.
At this point, the transmitter should be enrolled.

Be forewarned that this model transmitter has a tamper switch mechanism that can be a bit finicky.

"Ask the Right Question..."
- from _The Snow Queen_ by Joan D. Vinge-

Search this Thread