Need help communicating with Superbus 2000 Automation Module and Concord 4

Old 08-23-17, 08:50 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help communicating with Superbus 2000 Automation Module and Concord 4

Hi all,

I'm getting really frustrated and hope someone here can help. I purchased a house that is equipped with a Concord 4 panel and I'm trying to integrate it with my home automation, but can't seem to send commands to the Superbus 2000 Automation Module.

Current state:
  • I have the AM hooked to +/- and A/B and have done nothing else to "add" it
  • AM's Superbus light blinks rapidly and the rs232 light blinks every few seconds
  • My keypad will eventually say AM01 Bus Failure after a while
  • I've tried several RS232 to USB converters and am getting the same results with all
  • The message I'm receiving is the Panel Type Command (0Bh 01h 14h.... can get the rest of the command if that helps) and I receive it over and over again.
  • The software I have for Home Assistant is erroring out because it can't send commands (link to software but I don't think it's a software issue)
  • I connect to the AM with minicom and see the Panel Type Command over and over but trying to type into the console doesn't have any affect. I'm thinking this means the AM isn't receiving the input, but I'm not sure nor do I know how to tell.
  • Using ConcordTester.exe also repeatedly displays (albeit parsed) the Panel Type Command. However trying to input (not sure what format I'm supposed to input in) doesn't seem to have any affect although it does show up in the output window. It also doesn't show anything on the keypad display of the app.
Did I miss a step? From what I understand it's supposed to work just by connecting it to power and plugging in the rs232 cable.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'd love to buy someone a 6-pack if they can help
Matt

Old 08-27-17, 09:14 AM
T
Received 197 Upvotes on 173 Posts
Usually each manufacturer will list some USB-to-232 converters their product will work with; using any other is at your risk. In my experience all converters are built to a standard, but is that standard mine, yours, his, hers or somebody elses. Granted, I've been retired for a while, but I felt extremely lucky if a converter worked with more than one product (one less to carry).
RS-232 is not Plug-n-Play. In the software instructions, there should be instructions on RS-232 set up and you man need to contact their tech support.

Old 08-27-17, 10:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Did you load the driver for the USB convertor ? Usually they come with a disc or you can get their driver from their website if the convertor is labeled.

I've had applications where I've tried a dozen convertors and none have worked.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: