Dsc 1808

Old 08-30-17, 01:48 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dsc 1808

Hi All
I have DSC1808 which has a pc1508 supervised addon card which is causing me a few nightmares. A couple of weeks ago, it woke me up in the middle of the night complaining about low battery. I silenced it, then strange enough it continued working without further events. The last week, the alarm starting acting up. Started going off on its own for no apparent reason in the middle of the day. In a space of 3 hours it went close to 10 times citing different zones as being triggered while it wasnt armed. I had the person at home, switch the power off. Off course it continued going off while powered by battery until the battery went flat. I replaced the battery and switched it back on and was greeted by general supv error. Few minutes later, Keybus fault. I disconnected all wires and reconnected them one by one. Finally Keybus error went away. but the general supv error has persisted. i do not have the installers code but i have the master code. Is there a way to get hold of or reset the installer code without losing current configuration settings?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-17, 02:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
User manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=12586
The system looks to be a variation on the standard power series panels so this installer manual should be right: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

With DSC panels, short of a lucky guess at the installer code, the only way in is to default the system, and that is assuming that the installer lockout feature hasn't been used.

When you press *2, exactly _which_ trouble code is displayed?

Old 08-31-17, 07:19 AM
Z
It was showing two items one was bell and another is just general supv. I had to switch the alarm off again last night because the keybus error came back in the middle of the night

Old 08-31-17, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The general supervisory may be related to the keybus error, because all of the keypads and modules are electronically supervised.

Either you have a problem with the field wiring; or one or more of your keybus devices is failing.

Simple test: Take all of the keypads and modules off of the field wiring, and wire them with a few feet of known good wire directly to the main board. If the system is stable in this configuration; then you have damaged wiring between the main board and the field devices. If not, then you have one or more failing devices.

Power down (AC and battery) before making and breaking connections.

Old 09-01-17, 02:45 AM
Z
Thank you. i suppose i have busy weekend doing this.

Old 09-04-17, 12:43 AM
Z
Well iam back from weekend. Keybus error gone. Bell error gone. but General Supv error remains.

My alarm has 2 keypads, 1 pc 1808 mainboard, 1 pc 5108, 1 radio module installed by ADT for remote monitoring. another module connected for remote arming/disarming.
The remote and radio are not connected to keybus. they seem connected to pgm. Are these supervised as well by the main module?

Old 09-04-17, 10:26 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You may need to run the module supervision command. (

What are the model numbers of the radio and remote device? What they are doing is highly dependent of what the devices actually are. ADT doesn't make it's own hardware, they adopt various off the shelf solutions and just put their logo on them.

In general, if it's not connected via the keybus, it's not part of that supervision system. Also, things like the 5108 have built in tamper switch inputs, make sure those are closed with a jumper from the tamper input to com.

Old 09-27-17, 11:37 PM
Z
I followed instructions below and the alarm has not gone off on its own over the last few weeks. The general supv error is still showing. I am not getting any keybus errors on both keypads. I cannot Arm the system. Is this related to the general supv error. I am strongly tempted to reset to factory defaults.

Old 09-28-17, 02:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
At this point, based on the information provided, a default and starting from scratch may be your only solution. Be sure to check if the installer lockout feature has been used.