Vista 20P Line Seizure Issue

Old 09-09-17, 04:42 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Vista 20P Line Seizure Issue

Hello all,

about 3 years ago we switched to ATT U-Verse for our home phone. Just recently, I was wondering if our line seizure works. I put out alarm monitoring account into test and picked up a phone. Once I heard a dial tone I pressed * and # together on our 6150 keypad and sure enough it didn't disconnect me. I heard all the codes and such coming out of the panel. Now i'm pretty sure ATT is responsible for the issue. The question is who do I ask to come out and fix this issue? Our alarm monitoring company or ATT? And about how much will it cost?

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-17, 05:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 589 Votes on 554 Posts
Ultimately it's the responsibility of the phone company/installer to connect the alarm system correctly. However, the majority of the installers have no idea what an alarm connection is. It should have been addressed at the installation of the new service. You didn't mention the alarm to them and they would not ask.

Now.... you'd be better off having your alarm company make the correction.

I have customers who play musical phone companies based on price. We had to start charging for the alarm wiring. Most of my customers are long term and they don't get charged. The ones that play musical phone company get charged $75.