GE Concord 4 Hybrid Communications Assistance Neeed

Old 09-17-17, 06:19 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Concord 4 Hybrid Communications Assistance Neeed

I am switching from one monitoring service (NextAlarm) to another and would like to install a Bosch B465 Communicator to communicate to the new central station via the internet. My current monitoring center supplied a module for this, which took the signal from the Concord's phone output and pushed it out via the internet. I succeeded in setting up the Bosch device as needed, but the Concord 4 is not communicating so easily. It will attempt to "dial out" seven times, each time hanging up after approx. one second, before finally communicating on the eighth attempt. If I trigger another event, it goes through this process again. Needless to say, after three attempts, the alarm system starts beeping and reporting "Phone Line Communication Fail". When I reconnect the module provided by my current monitoring service, communication returns to normal (one call, then connects). I've gone through all of the steps numerous times and reread the Concord 4 manual, but cannot figure out what may need to be changed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I am out of ideas. Thank in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-17, 07:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 923 Votes on 862 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since I'm a Bosch dealer I use their products. When I set my modules up to report I have to set the IP to the proper receiver.

Did you tell your central station you were trying to connect using a Bosch network module ?

The B465 simulates dial tone and line voltages when the digital dialer has a report to send. The module simulates a PSTN connection to the central station. The module decodes the control panel’s PSTN dialer report and sends the decoded reports by IP connection using Bosch’s Conettix Protocol to the Conettix D6600, D6100IPv6, or D6100i Communication Gateway/Receiver

Old 09-17-17, 07:22 PM
V
Originally Posted by PJmax View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Since I'm a Bosch dealer I use their products. When I set my modules up to report I have to set the IP to the proper receiver.

Did you tell your central station you were trying to connect using a Bosch network module ?

The B465 simulates dial tone and line voltages when the digital dialer has a report to send. The module simulates a PSTN connection to the central station. The module decodes the control panel’s PSTN dialer report and sends the decoded reports by IP connection using Bosch’s Conettix Protocol to the Conettix D6600, D6100IPv6, or D6100i Communication Gateway/Receiver
Thank you for the welcome and your prompt reply. Yes, they were who recommended the B465. The B465 is able to communicate with the central station regarding events specific to it (i.e. missing battery, comm. restoral, etc.) the problem appears to be with the communication between the Concord 4 and the B465. I am perplexed that it will not "send" its signals until the last attempt (8th call).

Old 09-17-17, 07:26 PM
Group Moderator
The Bosch modules are not always the easiest to program. There are settings in there called ack time, retry, poll rate. Those need to match what the central station receiver is set to. They should give you those values.

Not real familiar with the Concord alarm but I assume it's outputting Contact ID ?

Is the central station seeing the previous 7 attempts ?

Old 09-18-17, 04:05 PM
V
Pete

I figured out the problem and it wasn't with the Bosch B465; instead, it was with the settings for the GE Concord. Essentially, the system us designed to attempt to connect 3 times before it signals a comm. fail and then an additional 5 times after that, for a total of 8. If you have Dial Tone Detect (02010) enabled, the system listens for a dial tone before attempting to connect. On the 8th attempt, the system will not wait for dial tone and will instead transmit the data, which is why it would finally report on the final attempt. After I set this option to "No", the system communicates on the first attempt each time.

Just wanted to update you and anyone else who may come across this situation down the road.

Thanks for your replies.

Old 09-18-17, 04:19 PM
Group Moderator
The Bosch capture module is supposed to supply the "dial tone" to the panel.
It's not actually a dial tone.... it's an on-hook voltage.

Old 09-18-17, 06:35 PM
V
Originally Posted by PJmax View Post
The Bosch capture module is supposed to supply the "dial tone" to the panel.
It's not actually a dial tone.... it's an on-hook voltage.
Pete,

Understood, and I read that as well, but for some reason it was not occurring, at least not to the level to satisfy the GE system to start communicating.