Proper security alarm system

Old 09-18-17, 11:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Proper security alarm system

Could anyone suggest a renowned company that deals with home solutions? The location where I'd like the system to be installed is Mississauga. The crime rate has been constantly increasing and two weeks back, there was a report of a break-in not many blocks away.

It's for my parents and I'd like them to lead a peaceful retired life. Unfortunately, due to work-related reasons, I won't be able to visit them often. So, I need to order one soon and set it up for them this weekend. I'm doing my research. Hopefully, I can find something.

EDIT: I accidentally typed 't' at the end of the word "Proper" in the title. Sorry.

Last edited by alex_mercer; 09-18-17 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-17, 12:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The T is gone.

Mississauga ? Ok... Canada. You can put Canada in your bio.
Too far for me to travel and I don't know anyone up in Ontario.

We don't usually discuss or recommend contractors.

The forum pro, Mr Ron, will be by in the AM.

Old 09-19-17, 10:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Advice

I work in Toronto and that's not many miles away from Mississauga. So, at the time of installation (probably weekend), I would be able to visit and help them out. Here are two out of the many that I found by googling:
1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

By looking at the respective websites, the former seems to have a huge presence while the latter seems to operate in the area under consideration. I don't really care who uses more technical jargon. I need a solid system that works, sounds loud enough if triggered and can identify the sneaky burglar(s). When will Mr Ron be on? I could really use some help here.

Thank you.

Last edited by Gunguy45; 09-19-17 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Removed links as possible advertising
Old 09-19-17, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I removed the links as, like Pete stated, we don't recommend contractors or companies except in very general terms. Since none of us live up there, no recommendation can be given except for what equipment you may need and what to watch out for.

Mr Ron will check in when he decides too. This is all volunteer, we don't have office hours.

Old 09-21-17, 03:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
I'm from Florida, and there have been...interruptions...

The best thing to do is talk to locals, especially business owners, because they are the ones more likely to actually use their alarm systems on a regular basis.

Alarm installation is really a regional thing, and even a well regarded national/international brand is only as good as the skillset of the local franchise team.