Wireless system with smokes (was similar problem)

Old 09-25-17, 12:42 PM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wireless system with smokes (was similar problem)

Hello,

I myself am thinking about buying a fire system. I am a newbie in this topic so I prefer to consult experienced people. First of all I would like to avoid what happened to arden625, a system with a tangle of cables, which later was difficult to disassemble. And of course, I care about the system to include a good quality application that will allow me to remotely control the situation on the phone.
For the moment I have found an opinion about Nest Protect (https://www.smarthomegeeks.co.uk/sma.../nest-protect/) and they are quite flattering about it. However, I would like any advice on wireless fire protection systems. I would be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-17, 04:37 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
The NEST hardware is a somewhat proprietary setup. To be honest; we've seen a lot of these mass market consumer systems come, go and get orphaned, over the years.

In general, any of the modern wireless systems will be equivalent, if not better. And if you go with one of the common brands, like DSC or Honeywell, replacement and expansion parts are going to be likely to be around for a long time to come.

DSC: DSC

Honeywell: 5800 Wireless Products