NVR problem has me stumped

Old 09-29-17, 05:41 AM
P
Received 11 Upvotes on 11 Posts
NVR problem has me stumped

Got a customer that has an NVR that would power up and everything loads up, except the camera display. This is a Flir dnr300 series POE system that has been in place and working for 2 years. I checked voltage coming in to the system and it looked fine so I had Flir swap the system out under warranty. This unit is no longer manufactured, so the replacement they sent is a dnr400 series. I hook everything back up, same problem. This unit, unlike the previous, only uses one power supply, a regular cord getting power straight from the wall (no adapters used). I've tried plugging in to different wall outlets, tried plugging cameras in one at a time, no cameras will display. When i try to open "settings" for individual cameras it shows "no cameras to display" (paraphrasing). I find it highly unlikely that the new replacement unit would also be defective. I'm thinking there has to be something causing a voltage drop. Any other ideas? P.S. As soon as i booted up the new NVR, the cams started to load but then the system did a firmware upgrade and when it rebooted, the cameras never would load back up.

Last edited by pearljammer; 09-29-17 at 06:07 AM. Reason: more info
Old 09-29-17, 10:42 AM
P
Received 11 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Upon further review, i'm 99% sure this was caused by a corrupted firmware update.

Old 09-29-17, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,152 Upvotes on 3,729 Posts
Assuming that the cameras are plugged directly into the NVR.
You need to manually start a camera search.

1) Right-click and select Device Search .
2) Log in using the admin account (default User Name: admin; default Password: 000000).
3) Click Device Search. The system searches the network for compatible cameras.

That should list the cameras and their IP's on a page where you can select them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: