4 wire smokes vista 20p

Old 10-02-17, 02:10 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4 wire smokes vista 20p

Iím installing a Honeywell Ademco Vista 20P and have four wire smoke detectors. I have a couple on each floor of the home and have each floor wired in parallel running to panel (1 Cable for each floor) .I Was wondering if you had any suggestions for how to wire these into the Vista 20 P whether there is an advantage to keeping each floor on a separate zone , or If not how to combine them all

Last edited by Dpwct; 10-02-17 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-17, 02:21 PM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
I personally would keep them on separate zones for each floor. Do not use zone 1 as it is for two-wire smoke detectors.

Old 10-02-17, 05:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 923 Votes on 862 Posts
Do you understand the basics of a fire alarm system ? The smoke heads and the circuit needs to be supervised. Usually it's much easier to leave the panel and connect the wiring to each smoke detector in a big loop. In other words..... the whole house on one loop.

You need a EOL relay at the end of each smoke loop to monitor for detector power. Without this relay you would have no idea if the smokes lost power . You also need relays for disconnecting the power to reset the smoke heads after an alarm.

Old 10-03-17, 05:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
Here's the installer instructions for one of the more common 4 wire smokes: https://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/D...l_I56-1800.pdf

Look at diagram 3B. The one addition you have to add with a Vista 20p is a relay to make the 12v power reset at the power source (programming and configuration is required)

In the Vista 20p installer manual: http://www.dslreports.com/r0/downloa...ationGuide.pdf
Look at the diagram on page 2-7.