Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How do you read the 24C256 on Concord 4 PCB?

10-12-17, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)  
How do you read the 24C256 on Concord 4 PCB?

I bought my house with a CPU Security alarm and cannot access it. I didn't get the access codes (owner only provided manuals with installer contact and I do not want to deal with the installer). So, I bought the USB Programmer CH341A Series Burner Chip 24 EEPROM BIOS Writer 25 SPI Flash AE1185 from Gikfun for $8.98 and downloaded software & drivers for Windows 10 and Linux and all I get is "ff", i.e., blank, but I know the chip has data. I don't want to buy a board from eBay because it may not have the default codes which would leave me in the same state only less happy for having wasted more time and money.
I want to keep the board as a backup for my SmartThings home automation (it provides power and the 2-wire smoke detector and the speaker/touchpanel which my Konnected interface does not handle directly).
I'd love to hear what has worked and if you have advise or suggestions on what I might try next. - Thx - Art

Sponsored Links
Search this Thread