Safewatch 2000 master code reset Problem

Old 10-12-17, 05:36 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Safewatch 2000 master code reset Problem

So I have read the threads on this and have the VISTA 20se installation instructions and think I am following the correct process to set the master code without the original code when it was ADT, but I have run into a snag. When I power up and get into programming mode by pushing *&#, I try to read the installer code by #20 and get EE. ??
I do have a broken wireless door switch which is giving me 09 CHECK alarm if I just let it power up on its own. Am I correcect to assume that alert is due to that? Could that be the reason I can't get the installer code to display for me. Also,I don't have the alphanumeric key pad, just the one with numbers.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-17, 07:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
EE means that the original installer used the download software to disable local programming access. All you can realistically do is start over with a new motherboard.

Old 10-12-17, 07:28 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well I guess I am glad I didn't go to much further guessing what to do. Thanks for letting me know.
I have seen you help many others with these systems.
So maybe I will look for a new vista 20 mother board or would suggest going with an upgrade? Something that I could expand some day to internet smart phone alarm alerts and control?
Could I use all my home wired switches, motions and wireless switches?

Old 10-13-17, 02:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
A swap to Vista 20p would allow you to use all of your existing devices. You might need to replace one of the keypads if you don't have a 2-line alpha model. You would, of course be starting from scratch, in terms of programming and configuration.