DSC1864 - Can't arm system after updating monitoring station tel #

Old 10-12-17, 05:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC1864 - Can't arm system after updating monitoring station tel #

Hello,

I updated the telephone number of the monitoring station via the keypad. After updating i tried to arm the system and it reads Secure System Before Arming. I scrolled through the zones and it shows the Entry and a basement motion sensor as "Aborted". Entry door is closed and basement is vacant. I tried looking up "Aborted" in the manual and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-17, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 932 Votes on 869 Posts
Does it shows as ready to arm before you enter your code ?
I'm wondering if those zones are bypassed.
Do you know how to check ?

Old 10-12-17, 06:59 PM
B
No. It displays the date/time. The green check led is not lit. I press # and it shows "Secure System Before Arming" and scroll thru the zones and i see "Aborted" on Zone 1. I tried bypassing it and setting the alarm but it fails and returns the same message "Secure System Before Arming"

Attached Images    
Old 10-12-17, 07:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
It looks like you may have accidentally switched it to French language. I think that's the French version for "Faulted".

Old 10-12-17, 07:46 PM
B
Hi, Actually the system is in English. The installer had named the zones in French only. "Aborted" is definitely english.

So what would "faulted" imply if it were in fact a "faulted" zone?

Old 10-13-17, 02:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It means that the zone is open, Either due to a wiring fault , or because the contact/or motion detector is bad.

Simple test: jumper those zone inputs closed with an eol resistor (5.6k) or a simple wire jumper (depending on if your system is configured to need the EOL resistors). If you get the ready light, then the problem is in your field wiring, if not, then you may have inadvertently altered something in programming.

Old 10-13-17, 11:07 AM
B
The wiring is fine, as I'm reading a resistance through the door sensor wiring when not connected to the panel.

I failed to mention that all zones are showing open when i scroll:
Z1 Door Entry -- "Aborted"
Z2 Motion Det 1 - blank
Z3 Motion Det 2 - blank
Z4 Motion Det 3 - "Aborted"
Z5 Back Door - blank
Z6 Interior Door - blank

Note that Z7 is the Fire Alarm and does not show up when scrolling
Z8 is empty and there's no EOL resistor attached

Section [013] - - 3 - 5 6 7
Section [015] 1 - - 4 - - 7

Last edited by buefordTJ; 10-13-17 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-14-17, 09:19 AM
B
I changed section [013] to 1 - 3 - 5 6 7 and now it only shows that the Smoke Detector is open;

the smoke detector (4-wire type) has a resistor across the two signal terminals.
none of the other zones have EOL resistors in place and zone 8 which is not used has no EOL resistor

Last edited by buefordTJ; 10-14-17 at 09:51 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-15-17, 09:01 AM
T
Received 11 Votes on 10 Posts
Does "the smoke detector (4-wire type) has a resistor across the two signal terminals" mean the resistor is in the panel? I hope not.

If the resistor is in the panel, the zone wiring to your smoke detector is not supervised; it can be broken or disconnected and you would never know.

If you disconnect one of the wires that supplies power to the smoke detectors, does that create a trouble on the smoke detector zone? If not, then power to the smoke detector is not supervised; same possible situation as the zone circuit.

Pretty sure that fire alarm codes in Canada require that all circuits (initiating and power) be supervised.

Old 10-15-17, 10:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Based on the assumption that the resistor is (correctly) on the smoke detector terminals, even if you disable the requirement for EOL on the intrusion zones, when you change the zone type to "fire", the EOL is still required for that particular zone.

Ok, lets start over: When you initially made the change to your monitoring phone number, I am assuming that the system functioned normally to that point. What were the steps and keystrokes you used to make that initial change?

The reason I ask is because it sounds like more changes than simply updating a phone number happened.