Nx-6v2

Old 10-19-17, 11:40 AM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Nx-6v2

The security system in my house was provided by my builder when they built the house.
Earlier this week, I lost the power to all 3 security panels. When I checked the security box inside closet I found it to be NX-6V2. There was no battery back-up provided in the box and power supply is provided by 2 white wires to 2 terminals on top . (appear like thin wires which carry low voltage). I searched for NX-6V2 manual and found that the power is provided by a transformer. I traced that these wires are coming from attic. However, I cannot locate the transformer either in attic nor in closet/master bedroom/utility room. I called the company HomePro who did initial installation and they wanted me to pay $125/hr to come and look at it.

Is there an easy way to find this transformer? Where could it be located?

Luckily the panels started working on their own and I have no clue what had happened. This happened twice last week, so I am confused. Now the service light is also turned yellow.

I would like to find out why the lights were gone and why they are back up?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-17, 04:05 PM
U
Finally, I found the transformer in the attic that supplies power to the board. It was hidden on a wooden pole and I could tell that it was loose just by looking at it. I moved it to the upper socket and now the system appears to work fine.

The only issue is that service light is solid yellow. I tried power on/off, but it still remains lit.
Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks.

Old 10-19-17, 04:38 PM
W
Did you say you had a good battery? If not, get one and install it.

Punch in a good user code to arm and disarm the system. That should reset your service light.

Old 10-19-17, 04:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
With the power failures it's probably the dual problem of the system clock needing to be set, and since you describe the system as having not had a backup battery installed, there's a battery trouble, as well.

Use the trouble table on page 15 of the user manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...r%20Manual.pdf