Defaulting PC1555

Old 11-02-17, 01:49 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Defaulting PC1555

Hi,
I've done some research on the board but I'm not finding what I need.

I have a PC1555 board with 4 zones. I do not know the maser key or installer key so I am in high hopes to reset it after purchasing a house with it installed in. The PC1555 board does not have a reset terminal to short, I have checked. So I read somewhere that to reset, apply a wire on PGM1 and Zone 1. Nothing was plugged into PGM1 but I removed the wire from Zone 1. After powering down, then powering it back up with a wire between PGM1 and Zone 1 the keypad does it normal beeping. It is in ALARM mode. How to reset to default codes and disalarm panel?

Thank you

Old 11-02-17, 03:03 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
Question: When you powered down, did you unplug the AC Transformer AND remove one wire from the battery? If the battery wire wasn't removed, then the panel wasn't powered down when you shorted PGM1 to Zone1.

Old 11-03-17, 02:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
One caveat: The DSC panels like the PC1555 have an installer lockout setting; that if turned on, will prevent the installer code from defaulting when you use the hardware default method. Everything _else_ will still default. The way to tell if this is turned on, is to power down the system. On power up, if you hear about 10 clicks from the relay above the telephone line connectors, it means the panel is locked out; and, short of a lucky guess at the installer code, all you can do is replace the alarm control.

Old 11-03-17, 05:51 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the responses. I did not hear any clicks but I was thinking I wasn't making a short on the right pins either. I will give PGM1 and Zone1 another try by putting a wire between the two. I had the battery connections removed so I could remove the battery--working w/ the wires in a tight spot.
Since the system is currently armed, defaulting the will disarm the system as well, correct?

Old 11-03-17, 02:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You hear the clicks on any power up, not just while defaulting.

Yes, if the default is successful, the system comes up disarmed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: