ADT Safewatch Quickconnect - no Master Code

Old 12-04-17, 02:20 PM
Question ADT Safewatch Quickconnect - no Master Code

Hi all, Thanks for being here to help! I bought a house a couple years ago with a disconnected ADT system; Safewatch Quickconnect. I was never given the Master Code and I would like to tinker some. I have had to replace a couple sensor batteries, as my wife and I enjoy having the door chimes, etc. remain active. Now I have two sensor faults that I am not able to reset, as I believe I need the master code --> off to reset this. Is there any way to force a new code, or to reset to a factory default and then input the code? Over the weekend, we had the master panel start emitting a rapid beep until I hit * and * again to view faults. I'm not quite sure what the best fix is.

I confess, I've only just downloaded the manual and I'm beginning to look through, but I have not found what looks like a good answer yet... I'm not super well-versed here. Any help, tips, and tricks are appreciated! I'll keep digging on my end anyhow.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-17, 04:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You can set a new master code with the installer code. The default ADT is pretty commonly known, but they fuss if we post it on this forum. Just websearch using the phrase: "ADT default installer code"

Installer manual (It's a modified Honeywell Lynx model): http://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs2/6/3139.pdf
or it might be an older model: http://library.ademconet.com/MWT/fs2/4/3122.pdf

Once you have the installer code, enter the following:

Installer Code + [CODE key] + [02] + desired 4-digit Master Code

Do this in one smooth entry. If you delay more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes, the new code will not take.

Old 12-05-17, 12:16 PM
I'll try this tonight - Thank you!

Old 12-06-17, 06:57 AM
I think you gave me what I needed, Mr Ron! Thank you! I was able to reset my faults and clear the system. I now have error code 103 Check LngRng Radio. Seems to me this has to be the cell to call monitoring station. It's an older system and I doubt it would still be usable, especially as I don't have it subscribed anywhere, but I also doubt the tech can connect to modern towers. I read on other threads that some people set it to call themselves, which is great... Getting to the question, how feasible is it (and cost-effective) for me to replace the radio/ cell unit myself if I should choose to do so?

If I don't do so, can I disable it so the error code goes away?

Old 12-06-17, 05:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's easy enough to disable and remove the cellular communicator. There are 3rd party vendors that will work with DIY to configure an Alarmnet radio; but for now, you can unplug the radio unit from it's connector on the main board; and then going into programming and entering *55 0 to disable the system looking for the radio.