Getting wireless devices back online after defaulting a PC1555

Old 12-11-17, 04:32 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Getting wireless devices back online after defaulting a PC1555

OK! This is the second go around on this. I defaulted the panel a couple of years ago and afterward none of the wireless devices triggered/reported in and after defaulting once again today, I'd love to solve the problem.

I have a PC1555 (632) with a PC5508 Keypad AND a PC5516 keypad. I have 6 hardwired devices that all report in OK. I have two wireless glassbreak detectors that *seem* to be OK. They are on zone 7 and zone 8 and both of those zones have the wireless attribute on but without a glassbreak detector, I don't know that they really ARE online.

The documentation that came with the house indicates that zones 9-13 are all wireless. I set the attributes on sections 109-113 for wireless but nothing happens when I open a window. In fact, I get no indication on ANY of the zones 9-13.

So, going back to basics, Section 5 in the programming worksheet indicates that you need to assign zones to the system. Zones 1-6 are automatically part of the system, the rest you assign. No problem with zones 1-8, I enter programming section 202 and all 8 lights are on. When I enter section 203 for zones 9-16 none of the lights are on and I am not sure how to turn them on. Section 202 is easy because it's 8 zones and the keypad has 10 keys, just press the key to light up (turn on) that zone. But what about zones 9-16? How do I access them? Do I use section 203 but use digits 1-4 to turn on zones 9-13? That part has me stumped. Also, when I program section 001 I can only key in 8 zones before it indicates that it is complete...I would expect it to recognize the other 8 zones (9-16) that were, at one time, assigned to the system.

On the wireless side I have a PC5132-433 and the wireless devices on zones 9-13 are WLS925L-433's. The wireless manual indicates I need to add the wireless device ESN's in. Is that necessary after a default and will that enable all the "missing" wireless zones?

I am close, I think, just need a couple of pointers....

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-17, 02:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The zone definintions for zones 9-16 program in programming location 002.
The zone assignments for zones 9-16 are turned on and off in programming location 203. It's a toggle, press 1 to turn on segment 1, which corresponds to zone 9, etc.
If you did not default the wireless receiver, the device serial numbers should still be in place because the wireless receiver module has it's own default command.

Just reference the installer manual and the programming work sheets toward the back: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13789

Old 12-12-17, 11:38 AM
P
Thanks! I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. The worksheet I have had section [001] with zones 1-16 on it [002] with zones 17-32 but I might have the wrong worksheet. But I'll check on it and get right back to you

Old 12-12-17, 02:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
There was a "CP01" version that had very limited production, that had 16 zone groupings like that, but that model wasn't on the market for very long, before the current generation Power Series panels replaced them.

If you were trying to use a CPO1 programming reference, that would make you end up chasing your own tail...

Old 12-12-17, 06:30 PM
P
OK! Thanks. It was a combination of things and I still have some work to do in making sure all the wireless devices are correctly assigned. Probably need new batteries and I have 2 that are at the farthest reaches of the house that show "open" but I can work through that. The tests that weren't working on a couple of windows now show that they are working.

Great help! Very thankful for you and this forum....