Zmodo Greet video doorbell, transformer wont work

Old 12-15-17, 12:19 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Zmodo Greet video doorbell, transformer wont work

Hello all,

I am installing a doorbell from scratch. There was no pre-existing doorbell. What I have:

Zmodo greet (doorbell), power adaptor, doorbell transformer and chime (purchased from home depot separately).

I was lucky enough to have very easy access to power however I am having trouble with the Transformer. The power that I have is always on and I get a strong reading from it (there is a black, white, and bare copper wire present coming from the electrical box), however when I attach these to the corresponding black, white, and green wire of the transformer I am not able to get any electrical reading on the output of the transformer. I have even returned one transformer and gotten a replacement in the chance it was a bad transformer but no matter what I do I cannot get this thing to send power to the outputs! Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-17, 01:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,168 Votes on 1,083 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That transformer is 120vac in and 16 or so vAC out.
So make sure your meter is in AC mode.

Additional information about the Connected Doorbell for reference......
The Greet was designed to connect seamlessly to the existing wiring from your home's mechanical doorbell chime. The Greet can be connected to a low-voltage transformer operating between 8VAC - 24VAC only. If you would like to connect to a compatible low voltage transformer without a chime, you will need to use a 20 ohm resistor (not included). The Greet is not compatible with intercom systems and DC transformers.

Last edited by PJmax; 12-15-17 at 01:25 PM.