DSC Power832 and Internet connectivity

Old 01-10-18, 02:10 PM
DSC Power832 and Internet connectivity

I would like to end service on my landline that I am only using for so my alarm system can communicate with the alarm company. The alarm monitoring company I am with has the ability to do IP based monitoring over the internet. Is there an easy way to upgrade my Power832 unit to enable this option? Should I consider replacing the unit with something else? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-18, 04:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
DSC makes a number of IP communicator modules, most of which are backward compatible with the older Power Series models.

DSC

Find out if any of them will work for the protocols that your provider has available.

Old 01-10-18, 10:16 PM
Old 01-11-18, 02:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That basic TL300 should work. Whoever is your COPS dealer probably has to do the configuration.

Old 01-11-18, 12:09 PM
I am really sick of having to go back to my dealer for every little thing I need when I can do it myself. How would I go about finding a reliable provider that caters to diyers and end users?

Old 01-11-18, 03:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Honestly, there aren't very many. A: it's not really the central station business model; and B: it's such a liability bear-trap that most of them prefer to work with listed dealers.

That said: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C....0.rk1jvfXICW4

Old 01-12-18, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much for your help MrRonFL.

By any chance are you also familiar with the EnvisaLink EVL-4 ? I am wondering if this is better than the TLS250/300, as it offers access to the alarm system through a smartphone app. The one thing I can't get a definitive answer on is whether it can also be used as an IP communicator with the central service station. I emailed the company but they gave me a pretty useless answer. They have not responded to my follow up questions.

Old 01-12-18, 03:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A lot of people use this solution, and seem to be happy with it.

They do offer their own central station service, but I'm not certain if any other IP capable monitoring services are compatible with it.

Again, the thing to do is ask your central station provider what hardware they support.