Fully adjustable POE dome camera

Old 03-01-18, 12:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fully adjustable POE dome camera

Hi Iím interested in getting a security camera system with an NVR and POE dome cameras. Iím wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding dome cameraís. The cameraís will be wall mounted and I need ones that have a rotating lens so the camera can see side to side and not just directly in front of the camera. The dome camera I was looking at rotated up and down and left and right but when wall mounted the camera angle is sideways. I know I can buy wall mounts or bullet cameraís but thatís not what Iím looking for. Thanks.

Old 03-01-18, 04:09 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 963 Votes on 884 Posts
Mounting a camera on the wall or ceiling doesn't matter and being a dome camera vs bullet also doesn't make a difference. With either situation the camera might be sideways. Most DVRs and monitoring software allow you to rotate the image from each camera so you can correct for upside down or sideways images.

Old 03-01-18, 06:25 PM
B
I never thought of that. I was going to return the system I just bought because the image is sideways. I emailed customer support about the issue. You think they would have mentioned that. . I'll contact customer support and see if the system has the abiliity to rotate the image. Thanks for you help.

Old 03-01-18, 08:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
In most cameras..... the lens and camera body turns.
Carefully hold the lens and try turning it.

Many different styles.... with this one the lens/camera where the red ring is... turns to orient the picture.

Name:  dome.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  23.3 KB

Old 03-04-18, 07:50 AM
B
The lens does not rotate, I tried that. I was able to find the software in the NVR to rotate the image. I noticed that when I do so the image is stretched and distorted. I have 2 cameras connected to see the difference with one wall mounted and one ceiling mounted. Ceiling mounted has a much better picture and more flexibility as to the angels you can see. Wall mounted you can only look left or right. Except for the price I am not impressed with the system. Iím going to return it and keep on searching for a system.

Can anyone recommend a system that has an NVR with dome IP cameras that have an adjustable lens for wall mounting. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-04-18, 09:58 AM
Received 370 Votes on 335 Posts
Google outdoor pan And tilt cams. Price will reflect qualitye and features.

Old 03-04-18, 11:08 AM
T
Received 26 Votes on 25 Posts
The picture is stretched and distorted. Below is a representation of a 16:9 (Width:Height) screen (everything would be the same in a 4:3 aspect ration, it's just easier to illustrate and see in 16:9).

The top drawing represents what you started with; two different color waves, one horizontal, the other vertical and a black box in the upper left corner for reference.

In the second drawing the 16:9 picture has been rotated 90 degrees so the image is now 9 Wide and 16 High; the relative positions of Height and Width are swapped. We don't see all the image because we're seeing the 9:16 image on a 16:9 screen.

So, to see everything the rotated height of 16 is squeezed to 9 and the width of 9 is stretched to 16. This is shown in the thrid drawing and the black square from Drawing 1 has been stretched to a rectangle.
Name:  Aspect Ratio.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  9.9 KB

If the images are 4:3 it shouldn't be too noticeable, but if it bothers you, reorient the offending camera(s).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: