restore deleted zone on Vista 15P

Old 03-07-18, 08:53 PM
restore deleted zone on Vista 15P

I accidentally deleted a zone on my 15P. How do I restore it? In programming mode, when I enter the zone number, it doesn't appear.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-18, 11:09 PM
That doesn't sound right. First of all, are you using a 2-Line Alpha Keypad, model 6160 or possibly 6139? If you don't know, an Alpha(numeric) Keypad displays full words, like "FAULT ZONE 01", as opposed to a Fixed-English Keypad that will just display an "01" for a faulted zone.

If you're not using an Alpha Keypad, you won't see the zone number displayed, nor any other critical programming information that you need to program the zone settings, Which is why even we experts don't try to do zone programming with a Fixed-English Keypad like a 6150 or 6128.

Which zone did you accidentally delete? (It's so much easier to type, e.g., "Zone 3" than to type "The zone you accidentally deleted," or "The zone you want to re-program." when we're talking about it. Also, directions on re-programming will sometimes vary accord to zone number group. Zones 1 through 8 are simpler than numbers above 8.

Old 03-08-18, 09:35 AM
I am using a 6160 and the zone is zone 5. After setting the zone to 00 and going through the rest of the prompts, it asked me if I wanted to delete the zone. I hit 1 for yes. Later I went back into program mode and after checking a few other zones, I put in 05 and it would not show it. I then typed zone 06 and that displayed.

Old 03-08-18, 05:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never answered yes to "delete zone" for a hardwired zone. That option may exist to disable all of the onboard zones for a all wireless system.

What you might have to do is default the whole thing and start from scratch to get that zone back.

Old 03-08-18, 06:13 PM
That is what I was afraid of.