Installing a NX-8E into existing system

Old 03-14-18, 07:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing a NX-8E into existing system

Steps:
#1 Question:
I need to default the keypads I will be re-using. I can hook up a 586E (with my Win 7 computer :-) ). Can I use that to default the board and the keypads, prior to dismantling? I have the present system under one account and I have been programming the new system under a second account. Can I go through the present account, load defaults for everything there and upload that programming to the old panel ? Will that take our personal info, all passcodes out of that system and default the keypads to be ready for the new system?

#2 Question:
The panel will be new, two re-used keypads, one new keypad, two 216E expander boards (programmed to be zones 9-16 on one and 17-24 on the other) and a new 595E this week. I won't get my new wireless receiver (548E) for another week or so. The programming of the new panel with the DLX900 software includes programming for the panel, keypads, the 216's, naming and assigning zones, the 595E IP Communication Module AND the wireless receiver I will not have.

The instructions for adding in the 595E look as though it would be better to not install and program the panel for it yet because it needs to be enrolled and defaulted prior to configuration. But in the DLX900 software I can change the "installer" name, put in the serial number, web access passcode, etc. etc. ...all the stuff I would program via the keypad. Do I confuse the 595E by having it already installed, along with all wired zones and keypads, THEN hook up the DLX900 and upload the programming?
Same question goes for the wireless repeater . I can program that receiver now in the panel, even setting programming for the sensors.

Sure would appreciate some advice. I don't want to confuse the panel, or any modules, right off the bat!
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-18, 04:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
It's actually easier and faster to use the keypad commands to default the keypads.

Hook up all of your modules. The ones that haven't been configured yet don't really hurt anything, and it's best for the software upload to be able to see all of your components.