Trying to understand what I have

Old 05-18-18, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trying to understand what I have

I purchased a new home recently. The builder tells me it's wired and ready for a security system to be installed. Not much further detail.

The Honeywell panels are k4576v2-h m7488 - however, they seem to not have any power.

I've also attached a photo of where I think all the wiring comes together. My guess is that I'm missing some sort of "brain" component that ties everything together.

Would anyone be willing to help shed some light on any missing components? I do not want a monitoring service - just audible notifications and alarms for now, hence trying to DIY instead of calling local service or Comcast.

Name:  IMG_20180517_124848.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  IMG_20180517_124835.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  86.7 KB
Name:  IMG_20180517_124855.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  84.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-18, 04:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
That part number is actually the part number for the plastic shell for the keypad. From the look of it, its probably a 6150 keypad.

The cabinet isn't the security system head end; that is your structured wiring cabinet where all of your telephone, cable and data home run.

The alarm control will be about a 12" x 16" beige or white metal enclosure. Most commonly they are in places like the master bedroom closet. Sometimes they are near the structured wiring; but that's actually less common.

It is possible that they installed the keypads (and hopefully the contacts), and the alarm wiring is behind a cover plate. It's just really odd to install keypads without the alarm control.

Old 05-18-18, 04:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 380 Votes on 357 Posts
I've never seen a home prewired with a keypad. That's a first.
Hopefully the rest of the system is there too.