Problem with "new" NX-6v2 kit - sent an old one!

Old 05-19-18, 01:36 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with "new" NX-6v2 kit - sent an old one!

Need some advice!
I have ordered 3 Interlogix systems this year: NX-8E, and two NX-6V2.
The first two were dated made in 2018. The one I just received is dated 2012. Normally, the seller orders from Interlogix and then sends it on to me. This time I was sent the NX-6 kit with NX-148E-RF and a transformer in an enclosure right away. They said it was "in stock".
In stock for over 5 years? The "Revision" letters are different (lower in the alphabet). The label on the panel that is glued to the zones has fallen off because the glue has dried out. Anyone ever see green painted over the words "GE Security" on a panel?

I cannot find any history of revisions or changes to the NX-6V2 or the NX-148E-RF over the last 6 years. I don't know if it was returned - which to me is likely. It does not look like it had been installed. Attached is the panel left to right.

What should I do? Ask them to take it back in return for a recently manufactured one? Keep it and ask for a substantial reduction in price? Just install it? (although I think that would be unfair to me)
SugarMom

Attached Images       
Old 05-19-18, 02:08 PM
T
Received 120 Likes on 104 Posts
Either you received a New Old-Stock or a Used panel. If it's Used, enuf' said.

NOS brings different problems. Electrolytic capacitors (the blue wrapped "cans" like C11, C18 and C28 in your top pictures) tend to dry out and fail if voltage isn't applied for too long a period (search capacitor forming if you want to know more).

Personally, I would go back to the supplier.

Old 05-19-18, 02:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,161 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 ?!?!!? NOS (new old stock) yeah..... real old. Send it back.

Old 05-19-18, 05:03 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your replies PJMax and TOG. I'm a TOGirl...

I have sent off my service note for an exchange.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: