How do I walk through v20p programmed zones' contents with 6160rf

Old 05-27-18, 01:02 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do I walk through v20p programmed zones' contents with 6160rf

I would like to view some of my user programmed, (or preprogrammed) zones without risking changing them. Also I'm curious about setting up and viewing zones in partition 2. I'm nervous about using * in 56, programming mode. Can it be done with #?

Old 05-27-18, 05:22 AM
C
Received 47 Votes on 43 Posts
No, you have to use * to walk forward through *56 programming. If you enter #, it backs you up to the previous setting. Just don't make any entries other than * once you're in the settings for a particular zone.

Old 05-27-18, 08:41 AM
C
Received 47 Votes on 43 Posts
Just had a thought: The "jumping-off" point when you enter *56 Programming is the screen where you select the zone you want to view or program. At the end of walking through it, you get a Summary screen that sums up all settings for that zone, so you can check them. At that point, you either press * to confirm that's how you want the zone to act, _or_ you press # to back up.

If you don't press *, and press #, #, #...all the way back to the Enter Zn Number display (the "jumping-off" point), then any changes you may have made will not be entered in programming and that zone will remain as it was when you entered that zone's settings.

Of course, the simplest way to be sure you haven't changed anything is not to enter anything but * or # while you're navigating through the *56 settings. The only time to enter a number in that case is when you're on the "Enter Zn Number" screen.

Old 05-27-18, 10:56 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That's good. If you see "Enter zone number" a second time, 00 is your way out. Parallel processing. Thx!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: