Information about report codes and loops in Vista-20p zone programming

Old 06-02-18, 06:25 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Information about report codes and loops in Vista-20p zone programming

I'm trying to familiarize myself with report codes, e.g. how many different codes there are, what differenciates one from another. Like report codes 01 vs 10. I think "loops" refer to the layout of the circuit the which acccomodates different devices' needs. like from the panel's prespective a key fob sends one of 4 wireless messages. I'd like to be able to spot a loop number or report code mistake in a descriptor. Also since loops are represented with a single digit, are there only 4 or 5 loop types? Thank you.

Old 06-03-18, 12:12 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
"Loops' are a shorthand for discussing the mechanical field wiring of the system.

For a Honeywell wireless system, "loops" are also used to describe which input on a wireless transmitter is being used for a give zone configuration (Keyfobs, for example have 4 loops, while a standard door/window contact only has one or two.

Report codes are actually generated by the system, based on the programmed zone type, (for Contact ID), and the "report code" you set is just a placeholder to actuate that report for that zone.

Old 06-03-18, 04:10 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ron! It's relieving to know that about report codes. The 'why' about a process helps me remember, so it's nice to know the correct zone type takes care of report codes. Trial and error have helped me a lot. I learned to document my installs cos I programmed a sensor in a zone that was already occupied by another wireless sensor. Ggrrrr! This site has so much helpful information in previous postings.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: