FA1220cv Issues - Consoles alarm when disabled

Old 06-04-18, 02:25 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FA1220cv Issues - Consoles alarm when disabled

Hi all - first post here. I have a First Alert FA1220CV system in our home and (2) early 4127 consoles (FA210KP fixed word). Took me some time but I was able to reprogram my master code today. We purchased the house about a year ago and did not know / have the codes.

I really cannot remember all that has transpired but I think I may have changed a setting somehow. Here is what I am fighting. When the system is DISARMED any sensor that is tripped causes both keypads to start beeping, the displays say ALARM with a zone identified.

At first it seemed like I was in Burglar Walk Through mode - but the system is quiet until that first sensor trips. I can use my code to silence the alarm, but just happens again when a sensor is tripped.

Only the consoles are beeping - not the siren / horn.

Any ideas?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Greg B
Monroe, LA

Old 06-04-18, 04:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
First, are you sure that your siren works, at all?

It sounds like you may have inadvertently changed one or more zones to be something like a 24 hour zone.

This system has a fairly complicated programming system, but if you were trying to change arming codes while in programming mode, you could have stumbled into the wrong set of menus and altered zones. Since you don't have 2-line alpha keypads, you wouldn't have seen the prompts that would have warned you.

This is (if I recall) the same as a Vista 40: http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v40programming.pdf

Without a proper keypad, there is no practical way to determine exactly what got changed.

Old 06-04-18, 04:56 PM
G
Thanks for the information. The siren definitely works, as I in advertently hit the panic combination one time (on power up I hit * # but I didnít have the battery disconnected, so it hadnít really powered down). The siren also goes off when I put it into test mode as it should from what I read.

Would there be some type of 24 hour alarming that would only make the consoles alarm and not the siren?

Old 06-04-18, 05:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
Yes, there are zone types that do not engage the siren.

Old 06-04-18, 05:24 PM
G
I must have really screwed up several zones as both motion zones as well as the back door all send the consoles into alarm. Those are the only ones I tested - presumed they would all give me the same result. Damn. . .

Thanks again!

Old 06-04-18, 08:20 PM
G
Doing some reading on Zone Response Type Definitions I see one called "Trouble by Day / Alarm by Night" and its description says "During the disarmed state (day), the system annunciates a latched trouble sounding from the keypad"

This seems to be exactly what my system is doing.

The code for this setting is 05 . . . . and 05 is definitely part of a number I was considering as a code. So, now to figure out how it got applied to both perimeter and interior zones with minimal input from me

Reading . . . . . reading . . .

Old 06-04-18, 08:55 PM
G
I got it!!!!! Man that was some reverse forensics sh*t on my part

Wound up doing #02 to see the Zone Response Types for zones 1 - 8. And there it was, a few were set to "5 - Trouble by Day / Alarm by Night".

Set zone 1 back to fire, and the rest to perimeter and all is well now.

Happy Happy now

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: