Unresponsive DSC keypads

Old 06-13-18, 09:15 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unresponsive DSC keypads

I've just wired a DSC 1832 system. When I powered up for the first time, the trouble light came on the keypads (and beeping of course). I was able to silence them individually by pressing #. The problem now is that the keypads are unresponsive. When I press a button on either of the 4 keypads, there is no sound and nothing happens (but the trouble light still shows). So, I can't program zones or anything else. As this system is used (bought on Ebay), I did a factory reset, but the results are the same. I don't hear 10 clicks from the panel when I power it up, so I don't believe that I'm locked out either. Any ideas what I've done wrong or how to get the keypads to respond to programming? This is my 2nd 1832 system I've installed, and had no issues the first time (although that system was brand new...). Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 06-14-18, 07:33 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupidity... your worst enemy

So, apparently if you reverse the blue and black wire to your keypad because its dark and your middle-aged vision is failing at close distances, your keypads won't work... Problem solved. Hope my little bungle helps someone else down the line. Now on to programming!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: