Vista20p question

Old 06-16-18, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista20p question

Hello all!!

I have ancient Safewatch Pro 3000 with a 6150 keypad which I understand to be a Vista-20P model. I have gone through many trials and errors with the system starting with FC and all that comes with that. I have successfully made it through to arming without having FC show the next day when I return.

I know the system is old but the challenge is driving me ;-) The last issue I cant seem to get past is an 11 check. I have 2 wiresless door sensors on zones 9 & 10 and a PIR on what I think is 11. I took the cover off and the batteries were low, installed fresh batteries and cleared the system but the next day when I return the 11 check is still there. I tried simply disabling using the following Programming mode *56 0 zone# **00**00*99 which seemed to work but the next day the system still shows 11 check :-( . Ive googled but cant find anything specific to this issue.. I was hoping to get some help with this as I dont want to replace the alrm system as it works fine.. The previous owners stopped using the alarm system a long time ago and ADT wants to send someone out just to push a few buttons and charge me close to $200 to do so

Any help will be greatly appreciated :-)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-18, 09:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Trying to alter zone programming without the 2-line alpha keypad is a crapshoot, at best. Transmitters can and do simply fail, with is what's likely going on here.

Simply trying to change the zone type to disabled won't work. You have to be able to see the menus to get to the screen where you delete the transmitter serial number.

Your best bet is to get a used, but still functional, 6160 keypad; or a new one.

Old 06-18-18, 10:10 AM
MrRonFL,

First, thank you for the input you provide this community, your previous responses to FC issues on the vista20p helped me tremendously!

As for the issue posted, I took a stab at stepping through to delete / remove the serial number as you suggested.
I actually was able to accomplish the task :-) no check 11 yesterday morning and this morining; I completed the task saturday.. woohoo!! I followed the programming manual strictly and input the 0's were needed and was pleasantly surprised when I reach the zone 12 prompt!!

Although I was successful, I also ordered a 6160 as you suggested as I want to add more wireless sensors later.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help resolve my issue and the issues presented by others. You Sir are AWESOME!! Sorry, I have twins (boy and girl ) and it seems that being told you're awesome is like an adult being told you've won the lottery. ;-)

Old 07-09-19, 05:07 AM
New issue

My Vista 20P has been functioning beautifully until a few days ago. The issue is with the "Away" mode. In the past when I returned after setting the Away mode I would get a warning (beeping) when I re-entered telling me to disarm the system or an alarm would occur. Lately, I've been setting the Away mode in exactly the same way, but when I re-enter the keypad reads "Stay" and there is no warning alarm. What has changed and did I inadvertently do something to effect this change? Any help would be welcomed. Thanks
MartiDee

Old 07-09-19, 08:03 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Your symptoms suggest that the system isn't seeing the entry/exit door open & close as you leave. The switch on that door might be stuck in the closed position. Check that door by placing the system in CHIME Mode, and open and close it a few times to see if you get beeps when it opens.

Plunger-type door switches are especially prone to get stuck in the closed state, although any switch can fail.

If you find a stuck switch, sometimes rapping on the door frame with a screwdriver handle, right beside the switch, will unstick it and make it start working, but you still need to replace the switch: You can't trust it once it sticks closed.

Old 07-09-19, 01:23 PM
As usual, you nailed it!! Looks like I need a new switch. Thanks again for great and timely advice.
MartiDee

Old 07-09-19, 01:27 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Since you have a alpha keypad now if you want to take your vista 20p to the next level install a ev4 module. It Will add remote arming capabilities with no monthly fees and text alerts if your alarm goes off