DSC PowerSeries Envoy won't arm

Old 06-17-18, 08:59 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSC PowerSeries Envoy won't arm

Hi;
So, I know this forum has been a great help to others, so I initially sent this to RonFL, but just figured out how to post to the site! So, I have a DSC PowerSeries Envoy System (2006) with the LCD5501Z Key Pads. Yesterday, everything was good, but last night, I couldn't arm the system. It has no lights showing. The LCD panel says OPEN, but usually when I hit STAY, it tells me what Zone is open. This time, nada! Won't arm, won't tell me what is open. We checked and reopened then re-closed the doors and windows, to no avail. I pulled the backup battery, which is 4 years old (UB1250 12V 5Ah) and it tested 13.84V. Tried stuff like pushing *6 and my Master Access Code, and *8 with the code to no avail. For a while it was stuck in "programming" mode, but now it has returned to the time and the word OPEN. Of course it's Sunday... no one at DSC...
Can this forum help me?
Thanks;
Sharon

Last edited by slc-az; 06-17-18 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-17-18, 11:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
"Envoy" was a or all-in-one wireless system. I suspect that what you have is a PC 1616/1832, or 1864 (the diagram on the inside of the system enclosure door will have the correct model).

User manual: http://cms.dsc.com/media/documents/u..._V4-7_R001.pdf

Is it possible that you are in alarm memory mode?

If it is showing open, there should be a zone number displayed.

Old 06-17-18, 11:59 AM
S
Hey... RonFL,
Thanks for being there! One again, you are right! My booklet says "DSC PowerSeries" then "DSC Envoy LCD" on the cover. I guess it covers both... however, inside the box it says PC1 555MX. Getting that manual, (link: http://cms.dsc.com/media/documents/a...04474_R001.pdf it calls it a "DSC Power632". Hummm.....
So having looked at that quickly, there doesn't seem to be any info addressing the condition I have, which is the inability to either arm the system or for it to tell me what it thinks is open! Just bleeps it's long "I'm not going to let you arm me for either STAY or AWAY. Then it flashes back to OPEN and the time without displaying any Zones.
Any ideas?

Sharon

Old 06-17-18, 01:02 PM
S
RonFL;
Guess what?? I don't have a clue as to WHY it would not give me a "Zone 2", but that's where the problem was. Using the correct manual, (thanks to you!) I went to the keypad, and put in: *, 5, the Master Code, then # just to get out again, and I'll be damned, it suddenly told me Zone 2 was open. Went there, saw the issue (slipped magnet), fixed it and was able to set the alarm as usual.

ELECTRONICS!! Anyway, thanks for pointing me to the right manual. I guess the installer had an Envoy manual in the truck and handed us the wrong one!

So, thanks for helping! What a great forum!

Sharon

Old 06-17-18, 03:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
The PC 1555MX from around 2006 would have been right around the time that DSC was starting to phase out the original power series modes out and introducing the current PC18xx models; so it could have been nearly any model.

The basic commands for all of those DSC models are very similar, so it's only when it does something odd, that the details can trip you, and you _need_ the correct manual.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: