Old system

Old 06-21-18, 10:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Old system

So i bought a new house. Well not new, but it is for me. I had smartthings setup as my previous alarm at my old house. It did me fine, didn't want monitoring. This new house had an alarm company obviously as it has 2 control panels, sensors and an alarm box in the closet. Everything is wireless and looks like a wireless reciever in the closet. I don't want to. Activate it with an alarm company, but the hardware all looks nice. Can I use this equiptment myself?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-18, 06:20 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Possibly. A starting point to finding out what you can do with your system is to get the brand and model number of the CONTROL PANEL (not the two keypads) in the alarm box in the closet. The brand name (Ademco, Honeywell, DSC, Napco, ITI, Concord, Caddx, Radionics, Bosch, Fire Burglary Instruments Inc (FBII), Aritech, Moose, and several others I don't remember at the moment) and model number (several different models for each brand) will almost always be on the door of the alarm box: Inside the door or sometimes outside. Also often printed on the big Printed Circuit Board inside the box.

Pictures of the control panel board in the box, and of the keypads, are helpful in identifying your system, and what you can do with it.

Old 06-23-18, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It says Ademco vista 20-P

Old 06-23-18, 08:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 24 Votes on 23 Posts
Yes, you can set this system to work as a local system under your control; assuming that the original installation didn't disable local programming (rarely done for this model).

Installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

Take a look at the FAQ sticky. This is a common model, and a lot of the basic questions get done on this forum, frequently.