Broke My System - Multiple Problems

Old 06-27-18, 06:59 AM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke My System - Multiple Problems

It all started when I wanted to test to determine whether the default Installer code was in place on my Honeywell 5150 keypad. It was, it worked, but then I used *90 to get out of programming mode vs. *99. Not knowing i was still in programming mode, I pressed several other keys. (I know, I'm an idiot)

I have two problems now (that I know of):
  1. I'm getting an error 70. I know this has something to do with the Bell, however, since the problem was induced by my keypad fiddling, I'm certain its not a hardware issue.
  2. My Honeywell Total Connect isn't working correctly. (all comms through a cellular modem)
    • ​​​​​​​not getting arm/disarm notifications
    • Does not reflect the right alarm status
    • Oddly though, if I go to the keypad mode in the app, it still works.
Appreciate if anyone has any input. I'm unsure if my monitoring company will assist as the damage is self inflicted.

Thanks!

Old 06-27-18, 03:16 PM
C
Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm guessing you have a 6150 Keypad. No such thing as a 5150. Do you have any other keypads, and if so, are they the same (6150) or another model? If another model, do you have an Alphanumeric KP? ( if you didn't press the sequence "*56" then chances are that you don't really need more than the 6150).

A good starting point would be to tell us what model Control Panel (not the Keypad(s) you have. There are more than half a dozen models that are compatible with the 6150 KP, and the programming is a little different for all of them. The model nomenclature should be printed on a wiring diagram inside the Control Panel Cabinet door.

Download the Installation Manual for your model (Google is your friend) and the Programming Guide. You will probably need to check all the Field Programming settings, but stay away from Address *56 ( or ANY_ menu-driven programming ) unless you have an Alphanumeric KP ( 6160 or 6139).

Old 06-27-18, 03:40 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct, I have a 6150, numeric keypad. Note: I have a 6160 that I hope to install soon, but I don't want to mess with anything until I get this all figured out.

Control Board is a WA15PSIA- 9.12.

I don't think I hit *56, but 'm somewhat worried that I hit *29 and messed up my comms. Hitting Google now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: