(Interlogix) Advent Home Navigator door chime sounds

Old 07-02-18, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Interlogix) Advent Home Navigator door chime sounds

Hello all, Thank you for welcoming me to your group. I have an obsolete but fully functional Interlogix/GE Advent Home Navigator burglar and fire alarm system. I'm using zone type 10 (perimeter entry/exit with chime) for the front and back doors. When I open one of these doors I get a "Ding-Dong" over the system speakers as desired. The balance of my perimeter points use zone type 13 (perimeter instant with chime). When these devices are opened I get two short beeps as desired. Does anyone know if the chime sound follows the zone type, or is there a place where I program the"Ding-Dong" versus "beep-beep" attribute for when the zone is opened?

I won't be back to the home for several weeks and would like to know before I arrive with the intention of adding an additional (new) "Ding-Dong" chime zone. I don't want to assume it is as easy as just using a zone type 10, I'm thinking there is something I will miss in programming. I have both the installation guide and the user manual, and cannot find anything about programming the desired sound for a chime zone.

Hopefully some of you have some experience with these older Advent panels.

Thanks-

Old 07-02-18, 05:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
It's something programmed in the system configuration. The feature is called "chime text" (ITI had a history of using odd names for features)

https://static.interlogix.com/librar...Apr%202001.pdf

Old 07-05-18, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you MrRon, I had forgotten that feature existed. With your help I found the programming attribute 011110: "Chime Text". I do not need need the spoken zone descriptor, the current beep-beep or ding-dong suffices. I remember this voice feature well from the old Caretaker+/Pro 4000 and similar products. If I had this feature on, the front and back doors would annunciate their programmed descriptors from the speakers as "Front Door" and "Back Door". With this feature off, I get the "Ding-Dong" from the speakers for E/E door zone type 10 as opposed to a simple "Beep-Beep" for standard perimeter zone type 13 devices from the speakers.

In the following link to the End User Manual, please view page 23 "Chime Feature On". Here it describes the Sound Pattern choices as either: "2 short beeps (or "ding-dong" sound)"

https://truesteel.com/LinkClick.aspx...bid=89&mid=438

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm still going to have to assume that the "non-voice" annunciation sounds follow the zone type programmed for that particular zone.

Thanks again...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: