Wiring 2 wire smoke to NX-6V2

Old 07-02-18, 03:09 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring 2 wire smoke to NX-6V2

Hi All, Stuck...again!
Am really stumped with this. Smoke is 521NXBTsmoke detector and heat sensor. Present (2012) directions say this(Aux 4) is the only place to connect. 2011 directions say could use Zone 6 (but does not wk).
Have 680ohm resistor on smoke (only one smoke) per directions.
Directions say to use Aux-4 and com. Connecting here we get no alarm when tripped by smoke test.
Loc. 37, Seg 6. two wire smoke enabled.
Loc. 40, Seg. 9. 0=no fire alarm verification
Loc. 45 Seg 4 partition 1 enabled
Loc. 46, Seg 4 1_3_ _ 6? _ Have tried with 6 enabled and not enabled. Confusing.
Loc. 50 Seg 1 have tried both 1= Fire Alarm and 6= Temporal siren (fire)

With the smoke test, the LED goes to solid red, but does not cause an alarm. Further, the smoke would not reset. Had to go into panel and remove wire.

Other considerations: When using Aux 4, neither the keypad or the 595E and UltraSync recognize the Aux 4 connection, so cannot control it.
CAN I use a zone somehow? So far my tries haven't worked...does having a heat sensor screw the pooch?
Please help.
SugarMom

Old 07-02-18, 06:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
Aux 4 and common are the correct connections for a NX 6V2. Check the dip switches on the back of the smoke and make sure that it is set for 6-12 volt range.

Old 07-02-18, 08:19 PM
S
Hi Mr. Ron! No such thing as dip switches on these smokes...just two screw contacts. Good thing we are only putting in one in each shop. It does say that the range is 6.5-20 VDC. Disappointing that we cannot monitor the Aux zones on the panel. The 595E has two Aux zones on it. I wonder if one will support the smokie, instead of it being on the main panel? Interlogix is very mute on how to use those two aux zones.
Happy Fourth! or May the Fourth be with You!!
SugarMom

Old 07-03-18, 03:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the zones on the 595 do not support 2 wire smokes.

Some models of these ESL smokes have a multi voltage selector switch, yours doesn't seem to.

By your description you are connecting and configuring the smoke correctly, and the fact that it is reacting to smoke input means that the device is working. You may have to bite the bullet and use a 4 wire smoke, which you can connect to any zone input terminal.

Old 07-03-18, 07:08 AM
S
If I keep these smokes. I would like them to at least cause an alarm. The LED eventually reacts, but the panel doesn't. and how would I know anyway if the 595 does not recognize the input? It might be how I input Loc. 46. Would you tell me how that Loc. should be? Thanks so much for your input! So I can really get any four wire smoke and attach to a zone? Would I need a relay for a smoke powered by the panel? Or would it be easier to get a wireless?
SugarMom

Old 07-03-18, 03:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The installer manual for the 595 specifically notes that the zone inputs on the board cannot be used for 2-wire smokes.

For 4 wire smokes
The Aux 4 and common terminals provide resettable power.
For the alarm zone wires, you connect to any zone input and program it as a fire zone.

Installer manual page 4: https://static.interlogix.com/librar...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 07-09-18, 03:41 PM
S
Thanks, Mr. Ron! We returned all four smokes.
SugarMom

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: