Old alarm to dcs 1832 panic/break glass HELP

Old 07-06-18, 12:48 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old alarm to dcs 1832 panic/break glass HELP

I am transferring my old alarm (pc2550) to a dcs 1832. My old break glass and panic button are tied in together. I am having a hard time figuring out how to wire it into my system. It was connected to a zone as well as an Aux. I connected it to zone 3 which now says it open all the time.

How do I fix the zone 3 from being open all the time?
Since my new unit does not have an AUX IN, where does the wire go.

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-18, 04:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The glassbreak, and a panic button sharing a zone would be a really strange combo. Usually, glassbreaks are normally closed devices, and most panics from that time span would be a normally open device, so mixing the two would be uncommon.

Is the glassbreak a powered device (are there 4 wires going to it?)

Old 07-06-18, 05:38 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, you are correct its a 4 wire.
neg-positive-common-z4
The wired panic button shares the positive wire with the glass break. I guess that leaves a neg for the panic button where would I attach that?

Old 07-06-18, 06:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Put the glassbreak on the zone without the panic button, if your system is using eol resistors put one in series with one leg of the zone connections.

To duplicate same function as that AUX in terminal, you would make your connection to PGM2 and Aux + with a 2.2k ohm resistor across the normally open switch and a 10 ohm resistor in series on the + side. Program PGM2 as type 24 (for audible panic).

Installer manual page 4 for the wiring diagram: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: