Ademco Vista 15p issue

Old 07-05-18, 08:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Vista 15p issue

I have a new Vista 15P with a 6150RF keypad that will not display a Ready status. I can get to programming mode, reset Default settings *97 and logout with *99.
The system has not been installed just set it up on my bench to test it, it's currently set to factory defaults with Zone 1 and Zone 2 enabled all other zones are disabled. Zone 1 is Fire, I've got a 2k resistor across the zone terminals, Zone 2 displays "Not Ready" with or without a 2k resistor. I've disabled Zone 1 with Zone 2 enabled and Zone 1 enabled with Zone 2 Disabled, the Ready light never turns on.

With the system set to factory defaults and 2k resistors across the terminals on Zone 1 and Zone 2 shouldn't the "Ready" light be on?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-18, 08:25 PM
I forgot to mention that after the system is hard reset with AC and battery disconnected the alarm goes off and has to be reset with 4112800 Off (1 Key). Is the factory default set to automatically arm on power up? If the ready light is not "On" how can it be armed on power up?

Old 07-06-18, 12:22 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
In Panel Programming, your panel is set to power up in Armed State. When the panel powers up already Armed, any Faulted zone will cause an alarm.

I assume you have an Installation Manual. Go into Panel Programming, to *39 and change from "0" to "1" (one), to set the panel to always power up Disarmed. I always program my panels to power up disarmed--it saves a ton of trouble.

While you're at it, I strongly recommend you keep the Quick-Arm Enable, *21, set to "0" (zero), "Not Enabled". I've seen a lot of problems caused by being able to Arm the system without knowing the Code. Especially if you EVER have visiting children.

Another recommendation: When you get around to changing your codes: DON"T TEST A CODE BY ARMING the system, then trying to Disarm. Test a new code by CODE + 9 and seeing the Chime toggle on/off. Once you KNOW your new code works, THEN use it to arm and disarm.

It's actually possible to get locked out of your system if you arm it when you aren't sure of your code(s) and it powers up Armed. Which is just one reason I won't program a panel to power up armed. Alarm techs don't have any magic tricks to extract a code that a customer has changed--that's a security feature.

As for Zone 2: What terminal numbers are your Z1 and Z2 EOLRs (End of Line Resistors) connected to? It's easy to get them mixed. I've done it myself when I wasn't paying close attention. Those are the only two zones on the panel that don't share a common common ground with another zone.

If you have your Zone 2 EOLR across terminals T10 & T11, and if the resistor has color bands red-black-red-gold, and if the resistor meters at 2KOhms; and the zone _still_ shows faulted, then you may have a bad panel. But check that you actually have a 2K resistor there.

Old 07-06-18, 12:51 PM
I tested the resistors before installation they are 2k

Zone 2 are t10 and t11

Old 07-06-18, 04:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
If zone two is showing open, on a defaulted system, with or without a 2K from terminal to common, then that is generally a sign that the zone input has failed.

There's no fix for that that doesn't involve a new main board.