Service *2 Message "Expansion Box Tamper"

Old 07-08-18, 09:54 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service *2 Message "Expansion Box Tamper"

Hi All...again.
New NX-8V2 , new 595E, used NX-216E expander module, but new to system, and two original NX-148E keypads that were installed by a security company. So all new to the system except the keypads. Despite the fact that the box tamper is not enabled, and there is no box tamper circuit, and despite the fact that the NX-8V2, the 595E and the two keyboards have been defaulted at least three times and reprogrammed, we cannot get rid of the Service Message. About every 20 min. the keypad goes nuts. It's been so many times, I "think" the siren went off a couple of times.
Really don't know how to proceed. I use the DLX900 to reprogram, so re-programming is not an issue.
Is there a chance that the keypads put in by the security company are an issue? It took a lot of coaxing to get the second keypad to play nice.

Any suggestions would be so-o-o appreciated!
SugarMom

Old 07-09-18, 10:55 AM
S
Never mind on the Expansion Box Tamper!

Reviewed connections. We did not connect TAM with a COM, so is sitting open . Hopefully this will make everything right. Uhg-g-g...
SugarMom

Old 07-09-18, 03:26 PM
S
Ok folks...we are certain everything is connected correctly. Have a resistor going from TAM to COM on the 216E. Used dip switch 6 to disable zones 17-24. and a resistor in unused zone 16.
This may be a really dumb question for you, but what size resistor is used in the unused zones and to go from TAM to COM? 3.3 or 680 , or does it matter? Can't find the literature to tell me.
Meanwhile, using 680 's we are still getting "Expansion Box Tamper".
We have defaulted every device: 595E (191), control panel (0), each keypad (192 & 200), and the 216E (22). Then using the DXL900, I reprogram everything.
That %$@# "Expansion Box Tamper" is still there.
I may have an extra keypad, I will start with the one that gave me trouble.

Next question: when we cannot determine whether the siren has its own driver or just a speaker, how do we determine that so we can change the Loc. 37?
HELP!!
SugarMom

Old 07-09-18, 05:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
Actually for the tamper connection, it's just going to be a jumper. It's not a resistor supervised input.

Old 07-09-18, 05:39 PM
S
I knew that! And during the hour and 1/2 ride up here...my old brain forgot. So embarrassing. Thank you so much!!!! We are back! You are a jewel of a man.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: