DSC: Only in stay mode, Delay Zones [01] are completely bypassed

Old 07-09-18, 10:21 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSC: Only in stay mode, Delay Zones [01] are completely bypassed

When I arm my system in stay mode, and then when my front door(zone 1) and back door(zone 3) open, nothing happens. It's like theyre in bypass mode ONLY for stay mode. In away mode they behave as intended, delayed alarm.

I would like it to be normal delay alarm style just like in away mode. I think I may have changed some setting to alter this behavior a long time ago because I have dogs and I think I found something that would give this behavior on purpose when I'm in stay mode?

I've verified my zone definitions for zone 1 and zone 3 are [01] by doing
*8 XXXX 001 01 05 01 03 03 03

Also verified my 6 zones are on in Zone Assignments with *8 XXXX 202

In away mode, front door and back door DO act like [01] Delay 1 Zone and properly trigger the panel to beep and I have 30 seconds to enter my alarm code in.

Any ideas? I scoured through the many options for *8 and couldn't find anything that sounds like it would control this stay behavior. Also I thought, maybe I bypassed these zones, but according to manual, "Bypassed zones are automatically cancelled each time the system is disarmed and must be bypassed again, if required, before the next arming." It behaves consistently like this when I arm it in stay mode...

Old 07-11-18, 03:34 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
Are you waiting until the exit delay expires? It runs, even in "Stay" mode.

Old 07-13-18, 07:12 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh MrRonFL I didn't know about the exit delay even in stay mode since it's silent after you put it in away mode! I'll wait a minute before I try to open the front door and see if it sets off the delay alarm. Thanks!

Old 07-13-18, 06:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
It's in the manuals, but it's a single sentence buried in a block of text. People miss it all the time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: