Stay - Motion detectors Vista 20p

Old 07-16-18, 08:02 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stay - Motion detectors Vista 20p

I have a Vista 20p and need to set up 2 zones with motion detectors so when arming is set to Stay these zones will be disarmed. What type zones should they be set to?

Old 07-16-18, 09:48 AM
C
Received 43 Votes on 40 Posts
Zone Type 04, "Interior Follower".

Old 07-16-18, 10:55 AM
J
How to exit *56

I'm using a 6160RF and able to change the zone type but can't figure out how/when to exit *56
At what point can I enter *99 to exit programing?

Here's what I'm doing-

4112 800
- 02 (selected zone)
* (Blank)
* 04 (zone type)
* (blank screen, asking for partition)
* (reporting code – current setting)
* (blank screen response time)
* (blank - Alpha summary screen)
* (blank program alpha)
* Next Zone number

Old 07-16-18, 11:02 AM
J
I figured it out, at next zone number enter 00 then *99

Thanks

Old 07-16-18, 11:33 AM
J
The motion detector set to zone type 04 does not set off alarm when armed to Away, Max or Instant.

Whats up?

Old 07-16-18, 12:01 PM
C
Received 43 Votes on 40 Posts
When you set your system to any level, all the burg zones, including the Interior Zones, still have an Exit Delay before they will trip an alarm. Make sure you're waiting out the Exit Delay countdown before testing. The "INSTANT" setting deletes the ENTRY Delay, not the Exit Delay.

Also: If you arm in AWAY mode and don't open an Entry/Exit door during the Exit Delay, the system is default-programmed to revert to STAY mode at the end of the Exit Delay.

To test your interior zones, Arm in AWAY mode, open and close an Entry/Exit door, get out of sight of any motion sensor until Exit Delay has finished counting down, _then_ walk in the protected area.

HOWEVER: If your motion sensors are wireless, you need to stay out of their sight for several minutes before testing them. Factor that into your testing.

An RF (wireless) PIR motion sensor "sees" you anytime you're moving in its field of vision, but it won't transmit a fault signal until it has seen NO motion for several minutes. That keeps constant motion in the house from running its battery down every couple of weeks.

Old 07-16-18, 06:31 PM
J
Motion detector problems

When the motion detector are set to zone type 04 they do not trigger the alarm when armed to Away, Max or Instant. I've waited for 10 minutes or more, the motion detectors LED's light up but do not trigger the alarm.
With the Motion detectors set 01 or 02 they do trigger an alarm when armed with Stay, Away, Max and Instant.

Entry Delay *35 is 45 sec and Entry Delay *36 is 45 sec.
The current Zone settings are-
01 - 00
02 - 04
03 - 04
04 - 02
All other Zones are 00

Old 07-16-18, 08:17 PM
J
The problem was I did not open the door during the exit delay, that changed it from Stay to Away, beginners mistake.

ChosunOne thanks for all the great advice, you've helped me solve several issues, the system is finally what I need.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: