Need Help Programming ADT Safewatch 3000 Pro

Old 08-18-18, 09:13 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking Need Help Programming ADT Safewatch 3000 Pro

Hi,
Newb here so be "kind" I have an ADT Smartwatch 3000 Pro (Installed July 2012). I am stuck at square 1 on programming!

I attempt to enter programming mode by the following key stroke sequence:
Installer code + 800.
When I do that I get a longish beep.
The manual says that I have a partition armed???? I think I only have one partition (home installation).

I haven't figured out how to open the wall display to see exactly what display I have (I think it is multi line).

How do I check out the partitions if I can't get into program mode?

I have ordered a system "backup" battery because my battery is giving me an alarm. Could that cause this problem?

Any clue as to what I do now? I am reading the programming manual as fast as I can but so far no luck.

I need to change out my CO detectors as they just "aged out".

Thanks in advance for any help and / or directions to threads,

Dave

Old 08-18-18, 10:29 AM
P
Unhappy Upon further Review

I have been Lurking for solutions and I think I have another problem. I believe that the Ademco 6150 (I think that that is the display that I have) is not a multi-line display so I cannot program it even if I can get around the "Partition Armed" problem.

Anybody able to shed any light on this?

OBTW, I seem to remember that the installation tech (ADT). used a laptop to program the system. Was I dreaming?
If not, does anybody know where I can get it (the software)?
Maybe I should just scrap the system and go to something else. Yikes!

Dave

Old 08-18-18, 06:17 PM
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
It sounds like the adt installer used the ibm compass software to program your safewatch 3000 and locked you out of programming. What I would do is power down the system unplug the transformer and battery then plug it back in. The. Within 50 seconds of booting up hold the * and # key at the same time and it should take you to installer mode. If you still get a long beep then the board has been locked out via ibm compass.

Old 08-18-18, 06:20 PM
Also yes the keypad you need is a 6160 alpha keypad. Those can be found on eBay for a cheap price or amazon.

Old 08-19-18, 06:09 AM
P
Thumbs up Thanks!!

Andoy33,

Thank you for your lucid reply, much appreciated!

If I buy a 2160 (after I see if I am "locked out") how do I install it? Any program changes needed? Or does the system just talk to the new display?

If that doesn't work, do you have any experience with the "Smarthub". If that would work (I have checked my "Prom" and it is current) I could just put that in and then use a tablet for display. Again I will have to "lurk" to see what else is involved.

You have given me some leads, so again, Thank You
Dave

Old 08-19-18, 07:21 AM
Hello I am only fimilar with the lynx touch series and the vista panel or safewatch panel series

on your current keypad hold 1+3 to see what 2 digit address it shows you. After that you then remove the old keypad and install the new keypad with the system powered down. Power it back up and within 50 seconds hold 1 and 3 to enter the keypad address number your old keypad was example 16 usually is the default then press star and your alpha keypad should work again. There’s a lot of alarm grid videos on how to address your keypad if you need to see it visually. If you still can’t get into the vista panel using the back door method I suggested I would replace the board with a new vista 20p which is the same as a safewatch 3000 but with no adt branding.

Old 08-20-18, 04:53 AM
P
Thumbs up

Andoy33

Thanks soooooo much! I will be replacing my backup battery today. So I will try all that when I do.

And OBTW I had my last CO sensor "time out" last night. Looks like I will learn a lot in the next few days (lmao).

Dave

Old 08-20-18, 06:27 AM
P
Thumbs up Battery changed out and I'm "IN"!

Andoy33,

Thanks for the help! Changed the battery and used the "#* Backdoor" It must have been locked using *98 because I can now get in via installer code + 800.
I have had one other thought RE: keypad change out. My neighbors have a voice announce feature on their keypads. My wife and I are starting to have vision issues (I am in my mid 70s for example) Voice announce would possibly be helpful.
Would it be possible to swap out the 2150 and install the voice keypad? Are the announcements "canned" or do I have to record them (no biggee just "curious")? I will search for the part number etc. Have you had any experience with this?
OBTW the 1+3 trick returned "17" (keypad address # 2 ?? ).

And If I know anything about large corp software tools (e.g. Compass) they are usually impossible to procure. Have you ever seen that software for sale?

Again and as always, THANK YOU!!
Dave

Old 08-20-18, 08:31 AM
Yes if you want that keypad you would want the 6160v keypad or the 6160vadt which is the adt branded version of the voice alpha keypad. Just make sure your battery is the 7mh size battery which is the larger size lead acid battery so that it has enough current to power the more power hungry voice keypad. Also make sure your keypad cable is awg 22 or lower. If it was recently installed I’m going to assume it’s a awg 22 or lower because my system was installed in the 90s and they used a awg24 cable which doesn’t have enough power to power a voice keypad and only enough for a regular alpha keypad. You will also have to program alpha letters eg. front door for it to talk as well which is very easy in the programming guide found online. The compass software I believe only dealers have them but now adays newer panels are programmed with alarmnet 360 which is a cloud based web interface software where compass is exclusive to ibm computers and thinkpads as my old programming guide stated for the 10se.

Old 08-20-18, 02:22 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
Good advice, Andoy, but just one minor typo: The battery size is "7Ah" (7 Ampere-hour capacity). Any Batteries Plus or similar outlet will have 12V. 7Ah SLA (Sealed Lead-Acid) batteries. They're popular for a lot of applications.

Old 08-20-18, 08:23 PM
Thank you for correcting my typo also wanted to mention that the 6160V has a voice driver that has a vocabulary of words it can say usually the newer prom chip on your vista 20p or safewatch Pro 3000 the more words it can pronounce for example my 10se cannot say police emergency but the latest safewatch can with revision from 2014. You can also record memos on the 6160v and use it as a voice center but kinda useless now as we have modern cell phones and smart speakers like amazon Alexa. The keypad was designed in 2004 era so it was useful during that time. There’s also a 6160adt voice keypad with a nfc tags where you can tap a tag on the keypad and it would disarm the system as well but those are pointless as well with keyfobs which contain more features. Just wire in the 6160v and address it to 17 and your set to go

Old 08-23-18, 06:07 AM
P
Thumbs up Thanks and another question

Thanks Guys!!!

The Tech just left and I am good to go. I needed to replace my CO modules (they have a limited life and mine were "up") and I got the tech who did the original install. He did a good job. I also got the 6160v. The whole job cost little more than I could buy the parts for on Amazon (new products not e-bay "good as new" lol). And I didn't even have to ask for the price match deal which lowered my monthly fee.

I installed my own Garage door interface and am installing a Z-wave switch outdoors to control my outside Mood/security lighting system. They were "easy peasy".

My last issue: I bought a 2150 off of e-bay($20.00). I can't get it past the "can't connect to time server" message when I plug it in to my gateway LAN and do the factory reset thing. I was wondering if you guys know a "work around"? I was wondering if it is because the TLS (??) layer in the firmware is too old to allow the higher level security login security protocol (BN Nooks original models have this problem so they can't log in to the servers to update your library). If not, no biggee, I'll just use it for parts (my old one had the wifi go out so I had to hook up a wifi to wire client). I may also buy a BN Nook 7" Tablet ($25.00) and run mobile ADT Plus app.

And as always, THANK YOU!!
Dave

Old 08-23-18, 12:03 PM
P
Red face Correction

I bought a GE 7" Touchscreen not a 2150 what was I thinking????

Old 08-23-18, 03:38 PM
It’s a common issue with adt pulse systems where it won’t connect if you read the reviews online about their ge touch screens it’s mainly do to their gateway software. I would just buy a tablet to control the system just make sure it’s android 6.0 or later as the adt pulse app requires it for security reasons. Im shocked you have a good experience with adt tech support they wanted tons of money from me for them to come out and fix my vista panel when I managed to have people on this site help me and my experience with the lynx series.

Old 08-27-18, 02:00 PM
P
I think it had something to do with the phrase "I have been approached by your competition and they will lower my monthly by 50% "? LOL) I have been with ADT for several years so I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Anyway, I am "happy"

Do you just recommend using just the ADT pulse Mobile app? Or is there something a little more powerful?
I have a BN 7" that I am going to use,

Cheers, Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: