Ring vs brink

Old 09-03-18, 10:34 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ring vs brink

Hello all! Wanted to get some opinions from like minded individuals so I stumbled across this forum.

I was a customer of Livewatch since 2013. Recently I have moved and am ready to setup a new security system. I researched and researched and found that Ring would suit my needs alone with the awesomeness of a $10/month monitoring plan!

Well, when I call to cancel my alarm with Livewatch which is now owned by Brinks they say that since I was a loyal customer for so long they would like to offer me a great deal on a new system. The rep at Brinks offered; basepad, 15 door and window sensors, skybell door cam, automated deadbolt all for free. Also, they will knock the monitoring down to $20.00 per month which includes the video storage option. There is no contract associated with this.

I had already purchased numerous Ring components and by the time I get my system where I want it, the cost will be over $700. I can return the Ring items I've bought since I haven't used them yet.

Any thoughts or opinions? Pros and cons of either service? Any help is appreciated!!

Old 09-03-18, 11:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Well my aunt has been a livewatch (now brinks) customer for awhile now and she's happy with her system. She has a 2gig system with all the fancy equipment and it works well via alarm.com since brinks is just a Central station montoring now. She also got discount on her homeowners insurance because it's ul listed equipment ! I believe brinks now uses qolsys panels now If you buy it directly from them. It's a great panel that is ul listed and comes with fancy Android based software showing signal strength and wireless jam detection. The sensors are also encrypted as well. The ring is new to me and I don't know if it's ul listed and if the wireless sensors have encryption or it's doesn't offer high security mode like the simplsafe. Hope this helps you with your choosing

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: