DSC ALARM Armed and locked out!

Old 09-23-18, 10:02 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC ALARM Armed and locked out!

Hello everyone,
I hope someone can help me out with my alarm system. I am new to this so please bare with me. I recently got the orange triangle light on my DSC panel ( non LCD dsc keypad with 8 zones). I looked in the manual and pressed * 2 and the indicator came up on low battery. I bought myself a new batttery and installed it, everything went well with that. I had to take the main power supply off from the wall outlet because the alarm was activated and it started to go off. I re plugged everything in and one of the dsc keypads are armed in our basement suite. The people living there do not remember the password and the mastercode does not work in that unit. I have two other dsc keypads in the house that are working and we have the passwords for. I am not sure why this unit got armed and I do not know how to get the mastercode or password. Is there a way I can find it or do a factory re stall on that dsc keypad. I called the installer and he has to clue what the code is. Any help would be appreciated before I call a security alarm company and get charged a arm and leg.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-18, 03:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 101 Votes on 93 Posts
It sounds like this may be a partitioned system. What _model_ DSC system is this? Your options will vary, depending on system model. Do you know the _installer_ code?