GE Simon Interlogix sensor issue.

Old 10-06-18, 07:10 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Simon Interlogix sensor issue.

My wireless system part # 60-875 circa 2006, has one sensor at the front door, that constantly beeps every 4 hours. In checking the system status it says sensor failure. I don’t believe it’s a problem with location since the sensor is no more than 5 feet from the panel. I replaced the battery and now can only think that a sensor replacement may be ordered. While waiting for the new sensor to be delivered,, are there any suggestions on what else I may try to rectify my problem?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-18, 11:13 AM
C
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
One obvious thing to do is to test the sensor to see if the Keypad/Control is receiving signals from it. If you haven't already enabled Option #41, "Chime Voice", do that now and see if your keypad announces it.

Did the keypad react in any way when you removed the sensor cover to replace the battery?

I assume your other sensors are operating normally?

Old 10-06-18, 09:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 103 Votes on 95 Posts
These transmitters can, and do fail. If you have installer programming access, it's relatively simple to delete the failed one and enroll a new one. There's really not much more diagnosis. One thing you can check is the date on the battery. Sometimes, these lithium batteries have been hanging in the display at the store a little too long.

Old 10-09-18, 03:09 AM
J
Running a test on the sensor, the panel responded, “sensor failure.” When I removed the cover I got “sensor tampered”. That was corrected when the cover was adjusted. I still have the problem of sensor failed.

Old 10-09-18, 03:14 AM
J
Once I get the new sensor, is there some special programming I need to know or can I just swap the sensor out?

Old 10-09-18, 03:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You need the installer code, and manual: https://static.interlogix.com/librar...%20REV%20F.pdf

You have to enter programming, delete the existing device, then enroll the new transmitter in it's place.

Old 10-09-18, 10:28 AM
J
Installer Code

I think I’ll be able to delete the old sensor, it’s the adding that I’m afraid of screwing up. The manual stated there are 2 codes that can be used to enter programming mode. I will assume that if one doesn’t work the other will.

Old 10-09-18, 03:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
There is an installer code, and a dealer code. Either will access system programming, but not all installations use the dealer code, at all.

If the installer code has been changed from the factory default, the only practical way in is to attempt one code after another. There is no "back door" trick for getting into one of these.

Old 10-09-18, 06:34 PM
J
Programming code

Thank you again. I guess I’ll give it a try when I get 5he new sensor.