Destiny 6100 - receiver trouble error code

Old 10-15-18, 07:28 AM
Destiny 6100 - receiver trouble error code

Our Destiny 6100 alarm system was installed in 2003/4. We recently experienced a two day power outage.
Since then the system beeps and when pressing the status button, the message we get is "zone 96, receiver trouble". I notice that the keypad in the master bedroom does not respond to any inputs. Our system is not monitored by an alarm company. Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem is and whether it can reasonably be fixed? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-18, 04:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
The Apex Destiny panels were from around 1999 or so, so the odds are you aren't going to find parts outside of something like Ebay.

Installer manual: http://www.safe-tech.net/HONNEWELL/I...INY6100_EI.pdf

Zone 96 is supposed to be supervision for the keypads, so if you have a keypad that has failed, that fits. You can either try to find a replacement online; or disconnect the keypad and reset the supervision to only look for the remaining keypad.

Given the age of the system; you might want to start budgeting for an eventual replacement. The laws of thermodynamics haven't been repealed...

Old 10-18-18, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The system was installed in 2004. Would the Ademco 6150 or 6160 keypads be a viable replacement for the failed Apex keyboard? The failed keyboard still shows and announces the status but does not respond to key inputs.
If those keyboards are not a viable replacement, can I get some help in how to reprogram the system to only look for one keyboard? Thanks

Last edited by MarcDakota; 10-18-18 at 07:49 AM. Reason: incomplete message
Old 10-18-18, 04:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the Apex and Vista series are incompatible hardware designs, as far as keypads and the like are concerned.

I _think_ that if you disconnect the failed keypad, power down (AC and Battery) wait a couple of minutes, and restore power, I think the system scans the devices and resets the supervision.

Old 10-29-18, 05:09 PM
Thanks again for the feedback. I was able to find an Apex keyboard on ebay (audio only/no light) and took its motherboard and swapped it for the motherboard in my keyboard. System is back up and running. Thank you.
Not sure I can find another replacement on ebay or anywhere else for that matter if another of my keyboards goes on the blink. Any suggestions?

Old 10-29-18, 05:28 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 208
Any suggestions?
Yes..... start budgeting for a new system. When the older parts are gone..... it's all over.

I run into the problem constantly.

Old 06-22-19, 08:46 AM
MrRonFL - My Destiny system is showing Receiver Trouble and I'ver tried powering the panel down and disconnecting and reconnect the keypads but the beeping won't stop. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Old 06-22-19, 10:39 AM
Destiny 6100 Receiver TR

MrRonFL - My Destiny system is showing Receiver Trouble and I'ver tried powering the panel down and disconnecting and reconnect the keypads but the beeping won't stop. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Old 06-22-19, 11:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Normally, you silence a trouble by pressing the status key.

As you probably noted, reading the thread, this is old, long discontinued, hardware. If you have a receiver failure, short of a lucky find on something like Ebay, you are pretty much done; and should budget for a replacement with new hardware.

If you have wireless devices, most of them are older versions of the standard 5800 series devices currently sold by Honeywell; so your best choice would be to stick with the Vista panels as a replacement.