Qolsys Panel 2 Question

Old 10-24-18, 12:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Qolsys Panel 2 Question

I want to buy Qolsys IQ Panel 2.
If you have experience with it, please help me with a technical question.

I donít like mounting a device with microphones in my hallway. Photos of the open panel show the microphones connected to the PCB by removable headers.

If the microphones are unplugged does it trigger an error? Does the panel stop working?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-18, 05:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 260 Votes on 245 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I install security systems for a living so I don't always see these DIY alarm systems. I hadn't heard of this company or system so I looked them up. My personal opinion is to keep all the bells and whistles out of the alarm system. I do offer my customers a way to connect to their alarm for arming and disarming with their smart phone but that's it.

I see "mics" but the ones I see are for glass break detection. They don't respond to normal audio. Unless that system has voice recognition..... there are no mics for listening to standard audio.

At the bottom of the link below is all the technical downloads for the system.
Qolsys system info

Just curious..... do you have an Alexa, Google Assistant or one of those voice type recognition units ?
They have microphones that listen to your talking..... 24 hours a day.... and then they process it.

Old 10-25-18, 12:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just curious..... do you have an Alexa, Google Assistant or one of those voice type recognition units ?
They have microphones that listen to your talking..... 24 hours a day.... and then they process it.
I donít have those. But, yes, microphones are everywhere. Our phones....
My level of paranoia is only medium

The Qolsys looks easy to instal. My alternative is to get a system with a remote keypad without 2 way voice.

I see "mics" but the ones I see are for glass break detection. They don't respond to normal audio. Unless that system has voice recognition..... there are no mics for listening to standard audio.
It is advertised as having 2 way voice with dual use glass detection using built-in mics.

Has anyone replaced the battery inside the Qolsys and saw how those mics are plugged in?