Scw9057-433 Add installed motion sensor to "stay" mode

Old 10-13-18, 09:01 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Scw9057-433 Add installed motion sensor to "stay" mode

Hello,

Adt just installed security system based on scw9057-433, and only after they left I realized that something was missed - there are no any detectors in my basement except motion one. This is fine, it is enough, but it stays inactive when I go to sleep and enable "stay" mode. I can use "away" mode during the night, but it enables other motion sensors and may cause false alarms, bypassing other motion sensors each night is also not the best. So, I decided just to set the basement motion sensor to be enabled in "stay" mode.

Is it possible with the model I mentioned?
Please, can you instruct how to do it? I have installation code (was able to guess it)

Old 10-14-18, 11:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm surprised ADT didn't lock that alarm from user re-programming. I don't deal with these basic systems too much. The link below is the programming guide. I didn't get a chance to read thru it yet.

Impassa manual

Old 10-14-18, 05:37 PM
P
Thanks, I do have the installation guide, but honestly, it is too complicated for ones without any experience. I believe I should either add basement motion detector to "perimeter" or add other motion detectors to "night zone". But I don't have any idea how to do it. In my device there are 4 zone definitions, I'm not sure what exactly zone definition mean. I guess I have to pick some zone definition, then enter zone 05 which is for interior stay/away, and add basement detector to zone five. But when I select zone definition 001, it gives me 03, and I feel if I change it to 05 I'll break something. Any advice on how to add EXISTING motion detector to perimeter will be appreciated

Old 10-15-18, 08:06 AM
P
Ok, I think I understand how to do it. Let say I have 7 zones, and the motion detector I need to change is zone 6.
So, I do *8XXXX001 , after entering it, I'll see the zone definition value for the detector 1 (zone1), so I just need to re-enter same value, as I don't want to change it. So I enter 03. After I do it, the system goes to the next detector (zone2), and I have to re-enter the same value again - in my case it is 03 again, as I don't want to change it, I want to change zone6 only. And I should repeat the same step unless I enter the zone definition for my motion detector (zone6 in my case), there, instead of re-entering the current zone definition value(which I believe will be 05) I will enter different one - 04 (or 03? not sure, will have to test), this way I'll add it to perimeter. So it will be:

*8XXXX001 (starting programming zones):
03 (leaving zone/detector1 as instant -it is window)
03 (leaving zone/detector2 as instant -it is window)
03 (leaving zone/detector3 as instant -it is window)
03 (leaving zone/detector4 as instant -it is window)
03 (leaving zone/detector5 as instant -it is window)
04 (*changing* zone/detector6 interior, I believe 04 means it is NOT bypassed in "stay" mode, but need to test, if does't enabled in stay mode I'll set it to 03)
01 (leaving zone/detector7 as delay1 as it is entry door)
###

Let me know if I got it correctly. Don't want to set the system wrongly.

Old 10-15-18, 04:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Close, but not quite. Once you enter a programming section, you use the arrow keys to move through the existing programming until you get to the data you want to change. Look in section 5.1.2 of that installation manual.

Old 10-18-18, 07:54 PM
P
Ok thanks. My method is longer but works. I was able to add motion sensor to stay mode. Later I reprogrammed stay mode button to "instant stay mode" button (changed to 25) now I can enable stay without exit delay (not sure why stay mode has EXIT delay by default, it even contradicts it's name). Later I set "exit" button to night mode, and changed sensor definitions respectivelly. Now I use night at night, stay during the day, and away when away (or after watching scary movies :-) )

Old 10-22-18, 08:46 AM
P
I ran into the issue. Looks adt Pulse is not working for me any more. And it happened the next day I added the new remote to the system. I called adt and they weren't able to fix it, and gave me phone # where I suppose to request technical help. I'm thinking, is it somehow possible that the local adt provider (which I believe also controls pulse functionality) blocked my account in pulse after noticing I added new items to the environment? Does anyone has any similar experience or issues after buying additional items from non-adt and installing them without adt?

Old 10-22-18, 04:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
As long as you didn't change the installer code; the pulse features, like z-wave and the cameras are independent subsystems that really have no real connection to the intrusion alarm. They just share the pulse interface front end app. Unless and until the devices you added send a signal to the central station, they generally don't know they exist.

Has there been any changes in your home network or ISP?

Old 10-23-18, 06:50 AM
P
No I didn't change anything pulse specific in the configuration. But to be on the safe side I prefer to double check, if you can mention what pulse specific settings exists in impassa it will be great. Though, playing with the system becoming hard this days - yesterday I decided to check gsm signal and they called me right away - "are you ok? What's your pass?"

As for my network, nothing changed as well, but I'm slightly confused, how it can be related to my network? Doesn't all the system<-->pulse communication happens through the cell connection? When my home network comes into picture?

Old 10-23-18, 07:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Details matter, if we don't know you are using a GSM communcator module, the default assumption is that you are using an ethernet connection. That said:

The configuration for the pulse service has no direct connection to the intrusion alarm programming, so there isn't any setting you could alter, without completely disabling the communicator, that would affect the pulse service interface.

Since the system is communicating, any failure of the pulse service is probably not at your end of the wire. It could even be a bad update for the mobile app.

Installer manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17242

Old 10-24-18, 09:25 AM
P
Most likely the problem is in pulse service, as not only my app can't connect, but their pulse web portal as well, so the problem can't be in my mobile device or app.

Yesterday called them again, they tried to reset few times, but no luck. Finally they scheduled appointment.

I still think their is logically a chance that my changes are somehow responsible for the issue - as far as I understand, pulse doesn't read map of devices/detectors from the system, instead, the tech who installed the system somehow manually adds map of my adt environment on their end, and it is static, e.g. even if you add new devices or remove existing adt pulse will still see the initial map. As I changed some zone definitions the actual map of the devices differs from the one stored on ADT Pulse side, might be due to this it is deliberately disconnects me, or some exception is thrown while trying to check the state of the detectors, something like this. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I don't believe there is no strong reason of why the communication doesn't happen. It can't be just temporary glitch, something is actually broken, and as the issue is only with my device, that mean the problem is most likely on my end.

So, yesterday I reverted all the changes back hoping that if my theory is right then it would start working. But, I believe that to apply the change I need somehow to restart the system, which I don't know how to do. Their agent can do it remotely - they did yesterday on the call, so I'll probably call them again and we will go through the troubleshooting steps again.

Old 11-12-18, 01:51 PM
P
Ok, the issue with the not working ADT Pulse is resolved. The issue is not related to the changes I did, as the tech explained it was related to the communication between the device and mobile carrier.

To fix the issue he just remove the device from the wall (not the power cable, the device itself), and disconnected the red cable (I didn't see, he told me that.). It was hard reset, and it fixed the issue. He mentioned the soft reset should also help - when the support does it remotely, but it my case it didn't fix the problem for some reason.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: